Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

Mark Teixeira Real Game Used Bat

I've been saving my money for FanFest in Houston this weekend and my budget just took a shot!

Yesterday, I got a call from the Texas Rangers. They told me that the bats I have been waiting for finally came in. These are the cracked game used that I collect. They had 2 Blalock, 2 Soriano, and 1 Teixeira, among a few other bats that were there.
    As I already have several Blalocks, I looked over the Sorianos and decided against them. They had lots of pine tar on them, but the barrel had tape around the whole thing. Seems to me that they were batting practice bats for him, and the $350 price was too much for that. Another guy took both of them after me. I'm 1st in line for his next bat that cracks.
    Teixeira's was just a slightly cracked bat and showed good use. I was 1st on the waiting list for his bat last year. This was the 1st to be up for sale by the Rangers. I grabbed it for $300 and will have it signed as soon as I bump into him.

I'm now Houston bound with a lighter pocket, but happy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice on getting that Teixeira bat, once you get it signed, it'll be perfect. I also thought that spending $50 in Detroit for a cracked bat is high, but $350 is a lot for a bat even if it is Teixeira.

WOW!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

I did end up getting a Soriano in September. It shows great game use and a very slight crack I didn't see the crack until I got it out in the sun. It was $350 and I got an offer for $500 right away from a reputable bat buyer that I passed on.
    Hope to get that one signed also.