Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama joking around

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama joking around

http://break.com/index/obamas-jokes-...chid=?matchid=

Obama jokes about Bush. Then he pokes a joke about Cheney.

We all love to poke jokes about politicians, repub or dem. But is it ok for the current president to poke fun at them? Or should he be working harder at fixing their "mistakes" or mistakes instead of just joking around about them?

Country
    See terpstradust's Items on eBay

I think it's all in good fun him making a joke is in no way gonna keep him from fixing any mistakes. It shows hes good natured and willing to have fun when he can and serious when he needs to be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

If it was a news or press conference, then it would be a different story. I am a bit surprised with the Cheney joke though. A lot of people will see that one as below the belt. The rest of it was pretty hilarious.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with both you guys, actually. Wild, I know. But it just seems weird for him to take shots (I know it was just a joke, trust me) at people who is/are against him. I'm curious is G.W. Bush did that to Clinton (really, I am, I'd like to know). I'd just rather my President take more time at fixing the/a problem than making fun of the people before him. I was willing to give Obama a chance (It took a lot, but I did, please trust me), but I just think he is too busy blaming the past and living in the moment to really try to do anything. Even though the president is limited in what he can do. But since Obama has that much "power" over people and other politicians in congress/senate and such that he could be doing more to do stuff for the people of the country. Instead of throwing parties, making TV appearances, and such and just do his **** job.

If he does this..I'll admit I am wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it was a news or press conference, then it would be a different story. I am a bit surprised with the Cheney joke though. A lot of people will see that one as below the belt. The rest of it was pretty hilarious.

Specifically to you, I agree with yout. But since he is the president of the United States of America, you wouldl think he would have to be politically correct. It sucks I know. But since he is the president, he kinda has to be. We dont have to be, haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Specifically to you, I agree with yout. But since he is the president of the United States of America, you wouldl think he would have to be politically correct. It sucks I know. But since he is the president, he kinda has to be. We dont have to be, haha.

Humor is pretty common at those types of presidential events.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Humor is pretty common at those types of presidential events.

yeah, I remember Bush getting up there making jokes a couple of times, Clinton did it before him. Its gotten pretty standard for all the presidents to do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, well maybe I was too young to remember it. I was in 8th grade when GW Bush was elected. I'll look into it, unless you have links to make it easier on me. But i'm gonna look around, I'm not real familiar with this.

Country
    See romosniper's Items on eBay

Do we really have to be politically correct to the point that no one can make jokes anymore? Even about themselves, their friends, ect?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do we really have to be politically correct to the point that no one can make jokes anymore? Even about themselves, their friends, ect?

No, not at all. But dont you think its just a little out of line for the President of the USA to make fun of the past president. If they were close, it'd be different. It just seemed he went over the line a little bit, I just think the President should be above that. Wait till your not in office.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast