Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why Sidney Crosby Makes NHL Games Unwatchable

BY: Karl Blankenship

The superstar that transcends a sport is rare.

Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky come to mind as players that seemed to almost define their sport for a moment in time.

Try as the NHL might though—and boy, do they ever—Sidney Crosby will never be that guy, and it's their own fault.

The NHL wants us to love Sidney Crosby, Versus wants us to love Sidney Crosby, and NBC really wants us to love Sidney Crosby. That is probably the biggest reason why, outside of Pittsburgh, not many people will ever truly appreciate Sidney Crosby.

How do you root for a guy that you're told to root for? Duke basketball comes to mind as a parallel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-unwatchable

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

Blog Entries
    Country

people dont root for him because he cries bout everything..

Country
    See KevMateya's Items on eBay

People don't root for Sidney Crosby simply because he is not on their team. That is all there is to it.

You can say he whines and he cries, but he is doing his job as a captain of a team. If you want to say he whines, go ahead, but a captains job is to find out why a ref called what he called, plain and simple. That is all Sidney Crosby is doing.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

People don't root for Sidney Crosby simply because he is not on their team. That is all there is to it.

You can say he whines and he cries, but he is doing his job as a captain of a team. If you want to say he whines, go ahead, but a captains job is to find out why a ref called what he called, plain and simple. That is all Sidney Crosby is doing.
    Eric,

I doubt that as the first year he played he was Crying, Complaining, about every little thing. He did not get the respect of his teammates as all you have to do is ask some of the vets that were on the team.

He is a great player and no one can take that away but in the end I don't think people like having Crosby stuffed down their throats by Bettman. That why so many people like Ovy so much more than Crosby. Also, it runs the regional lines of the ole Canadian Russian debate.

p.s. A lot of times he not trying to find out what going on about others just trying to embellish his own cause.

So many of these kind of videos it not even funny.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

For me it's easy. I don't care if Crosby whines or not, but let's take that double hattrick game as an example. Crosby scores 3, Ovie scores 3. None of the goals were a classic to be remembered, but all 3 Ovie goals still were very enjoyable, and worth one or two re-views. All 3 Crosby goal were crap to look at. Ovie may be giving away too many pucks, but he sure as h*ll is a lot more enjoyable to watch! Plus, he is a team player no matter what the Crosby fans says. I choose Ovie any day. I can promise you, if Ovie had been Canadian, his Cup rc would be double the value of Crosby's.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can promise you, if Ovie had been Canadian, his Cup rc would be double the value of Crosby's.

I bet your right on that.

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you want to see how a captain should deal with questionable calls, look up Koivu, Saku. You don't do it with bleating and telling the other team to kiss off.

Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

I'm not debating Crosbys a good player. He is a phenom. This article hits the nail right on the head. WE are having him shoved down our throats! I too roll my eyes at the biased commentary when watching games. It is sad really that the broadcast focuses so much on him and does not tell the story of others!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

Thats simply untrue. As a life long Rangers fan, I can count on one hand the number of current Rangers that Rangers fans don't hate, lol. We have Blair Betts, Colton Orr, Sean Avery, Ryan Callahan, and depending on the day Marc Staal and Brandon Dubinsky. Sometimes we dont hate Girardi. Oh almost forgot Lundqvist. Ok so a few more then one hand. If the Rangers ever signed Crosby im pretty sure the Garden would be burned to the ground.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BruHawk's Items on eBay

If the Rangers ever signed Crosby im pretty sure the Garden would be burned to the ground.
    To make room for a Bigger, Better Gardens?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast