Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stretchdrummer's Items on eBay

Edmonton Oilers have a new coach!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

IMO....this is who I wanted to come coach, and I am very excited to have Quinn come here. Renney as an associate probably means he'll be coach in a couple of years...cause Quinn's no Spring Chicken.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vieillecorneille's Items on eBay

God move in my opinion. Plenty of young players (and upcoming ones) in Edmonton in need of a coach like Quinn. I think Quinn was hoping for the job in Pittsburgh but when it came clear that Bylsma was there to stay he started looking elsewhere.

Good fit in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

At first i thought this said Oilers have a new couch. Not that a new couch isn't important but new coaches are better.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always liked Pat Quinn when he was with the Canucks. Can't say I've followed him much since, but I wish him the best of luck with the Oilers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At first i thought this said Oilers have a new couch. Not that a new couch isn't important but new coaches are better.

Hahaha....after how they've been playing in recent years, some would say they've probably worn their old couch out. Would hope they got up off it and play good hockey with their new coach (and couch). :-D

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

I'll have to hold judgment. They way I see it, if Mac couldn't get these guys winning, then Quinn will be no different.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'll have to hold judgment. They way I see it, if Mac couldn't get these guys winning, then Quinn will be no different.

I am by no means a "Coaching Expert"....but with that said, I think comparing MacT to Quinn is crazy...Apples & Oranges...Like as stated above, I think he will be really good for the young guys, plus he coached Eberle and if he makes the jump next year, Quinn should know exactly how to handle him.
    Last edited by Crater_Satori; 05-26-2009 at 04:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

I am by no means a "Coaching Expert"....but with that said, I think comparing MacT to Quinn is crazy...Apples & Oranges....

I hope so for the Oil's sake. There is a lot of young talent there, and from what I've seen in Quinn, he likes the Vets.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

should be a fun year, he said he enjoys the young kids, so well see how well they do under quinn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast