Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Entered a Logo Design contest and wanted to show it off..

Should know the winner around the end of June. Any thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

What is the Hugo Award for? I assume something to do with rockets or space?

I like it. I like the colors, although brown is love it or hate to a lot of people...although those colors may already have been used by the organization. I like the font. I like incorporating the star from the graphic into the name. The only thing I might change (if it's even optional) is the colors to something that's a little more neutral.

I like it a lot...very nicely done!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's a science fiction society. The HUGO is the name of the award they give out. The rocket has been around in trophy form for years, but they never had a logo. The rocket was a must for any design being submitted. I stylized it a but more to make it a little less long.

The color was not mandated by the group. My other color option was a navy blue, but I went with the dark red. I liked the dark red and also liked how the yellow of the stars popped. If they really like the logo and want a different color I'm not opposed to changing it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I think navy would look great on it, but navy is a little too cliche. I think it fits great for an award for a science fiction society. It looks contemporary, yet still formal and distinguished...not too futuristic and not too stuffy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gtbballer200's Items on eBay

Looks great man!!! I like it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That logo is sweet. Not too busy - simply yet sleek. Perhaps a slightly lighter shade of the same color, but still looks good.

At the very least I would imagine that is a top design in the contest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks guys!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

what did you use to make it?

I use photoshop for all the logos i make for companys

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use illustrator for all my logos. Illustrator is a vector based program and you can produce crisp lines and type. You can also scale up a vector based piece of art as much as you want. I wouldn't produce the original in Photoshop simply because it's a pixel based program and isn't as vercital as a vector logo.