Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: "A" baseball

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

"A" baseball

does anybody do single-A baseball IP? How do you know what players are safe to get? I live a few minutes from single-A Reds and theyve produces quite a few good players (dunn,kearns,votto,bruce, just to name a few) but this year the teams not doing so good so i dont know which ones to go after unless i do them all on single items.and the away teams i know nothing about

SCF Rewards
    Country

down in so cal over the years,for high-a ball i have got such players as ivan dejesus jr, blake dewitt, and pitching coach charlie hough from the inland empire 66ers(dodgers affliate between 2006-08) in 2005 i had got wladimir balentien and matt tuiasosopo when he was with the ie 66ers in 05( when they were the mariners affliate) also got norm charlton too during the 05 season , also have got brandon wood when he was with the rancho cucamonga quakes, and got matt antonelli when he was with the lake elsinore storm, mainly i usually try to get players who have cards and that were drafted in the first 3-4 rounds of the year when they were drafted, or who have amazing numbers(just try to research their stats anytime before i go to a game) those would be my suggestions/tips to you autocollectr79 , good luck with future single a autograph collecting

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

ok sounds good.the manager for the dayton dragons is todd benzinger and last year ryne sandberg used to manage the peoria team.they got into a big brawl when they came (maybe you heard about it lol).so sometimes the managers are worth paying atention too

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Baseball America has a great prospect listing by MLB teams, check to see if anyone is listed. Minorleaguebaseball.com has a nice site for reading stats and with links to teams sites. No one ever truely knows what prospects are going to make it big or what players who are not even prospects may explode later.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tdownwa's Items on eBay

In 2002 I got Prince Fielder of the Ogden Raptors. He was an 18 year old kid and his signature has changed since he made the bigs. I have the ball in storage somewhere but its the best individual auto on a ball I got in 3 years going to the Raptors games.

In 2001 JJ Hardy (2007 and soon to be 2009 All-Star for the Brewers) also played for the Raptors. I got his signature on a team ball and wish I would have had that team sign individuals balls.

FYI - MLB'ers Bill Hall and Ben Sheets also played for the Class A Ogden Raptors.

The one piece of advice I can give is to follow the teams stats. In the case of Fielder he stood out as a top prospect. He was drafted in the 1st rnd with the 7th pick. If I were you I'd ALWAYS have 1st and 2nd round picks sign a ball. Fielder signed as a rookie with the Brewers club on the 17th of June that year and played in Ogden a day or so later.
    Most of these guys are straight out of high school or college so they tend to be willing to sign (it their first taste of the lime life). Some have bigger heads then others but the players are certainly easier to get access to then Triple A or MLB players.

Please let me know what team you're looking to get auto's from. I would love to 50/50 with you. Im in Colorado now and we're going down to see the Triple A Colo Springs SkySox to see if we can get auto from them. I cant promise that their top prospects like Carlos Gonzalez, Mike McCoy, or Eric Young will sign but I will attempt to get whomever I can. LMK!
    Last edited by AK47; 06-02-2009 at 06:02 PM.