Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

I think ovie might only be signing for ITG which i think is awesome! go ovie go! more power to ya bud!

I bet Crosby put him up to it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

if i had my way, ITG would have a license but would still do H&P and BTP and put out more products. If that happens, I will not buy UD until they step their game up. They have it easy. No competition. You can't call ITG competition when they aren't able to compete on the same level. I think its great Ovie hasen't been signing for UD.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I bet Crosby put him up to it!

THAT is funny

Country

who is this ovechkin you speak of?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I got the only Ovechkin autograph I wanted for my collection, so I won't lose any sleep over it :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox

I just don't see how Upper Deck can release a $300 per pack product that does not feature a player who some would argue is the best in the game. How elite can a set be without the reigning MVP? It's not like they have any competition, they own the only true Hockey license! Crosby collectors are smiling because now UD has to beef up his content to make up for losing Ovechkin...or at least we would hope. Probably not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just don't see how Upper Deck can release a $300 per pack product that does not feature a player who some would argue is the best in the game.

They are.

How elite can a set be without the reigning MVP?

Not very.

It's not like they have any competition, they own the only true Hockey license!

ITG still smokes them on many levels, namely the game used items they possess, the lack of redemptions and CS

Crosby collectors are smiling because now UD has to beef up his content to make up for losing Ovechkin...or at least we would hope. Probably not.

Yeah right, UD give you MORE value? They're subtracting of late if anything...................

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I just don't see how Upper Deck can release a $300 per pack product that does not feature a player who some would argue is the best in the game. How elite can a set be without the reigning MVP? It's not like they have any competition, they own the only true Hockey license! Crosby collectors are smiling because now UD has to beef up his content to make up for losing Ovechkin...or at least we would hope. Probably not.

They don't really have a choice in this matter, if Ovechkin chooses not to sign or has a ridiculous asking price (my guess) then their hands are tied. They won't scrap a high-end product because Ovechkin decided signing cards wasn't worth his precious time. A kudos is in order for Crosby and continuous commitment to his fans :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

They don't really have a choice in this matter, if Ovechkin chooses not to sign or has a ridiculous asking price (my guess) then their hands are tied. They won't scrap a high-end product because Ovechkin decided signing cards wasn't worth his precious time. A kudos is in order for Crosby and continuous commitment to his fans :)

Crosby actually charges more per auto than Ovechkin.......a lot more.

I don't think it is a matter of dollars here, I think it is a combination of AO's.......enthusias.......er.........attitude/ego, and UD's dwindling bank account from the years of overextending themselves.

I second your nod towards Crosby. Good on him for continuing to sign and with a MUCH nicer signature than AO's garbage scrawl.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Wow, I guess I gotta give Sid the Kid another one up on AO for at least signing cards to get in the hands of his fans.

Ovechkin backing reflects very poorly on him, whether it was his own personal decision or the people he hires to make those decisions. He has to be savvy enough to know how many people collect trading cards and look forward to his signature being included.

Not cool to make a deal like that with UD and then blow them off.

On the flip side, is it possible the economy has hammered UD so bad that they couldn't meet his price and they used this as a way to save face, pinning the blame on AO?

I bet UD is not revealing EVERYTHING about it....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast