Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Walker for Spreewell Trade???

Article from the RealGM News Wire:

Knicks talk Walker
    Added: 30th June, 2003 7:56 AM ET

New York Daily News: Scott Layden's plan to revamp the Knicks roster could include Celtics All-Star power forward Antoine Walker.

The Knicks and Celtics have had serious discussions in recent days concerning a deal for Walker, according to a league source.

A potential deal could include Latrell Sprewell, whose contract matches Walker's. Or Boston could be looking to cut payroll by adding several lower-salaried players, including Kurt Thomas. A third team may have to be involved in order to complete the deal.

Walker, who will turn 27 in August, has averaged 20.8 points and 8.7 rebounds in seven NBA seasons. But the 6-9 forward was severely outplayed by Kenyon Martin in the Nets' four-game second-round sweep of Boston. Walker averaged just 14 points and shot 34% in the series.

Since the Celtics' playoff exit, Walker has been the subject of several trade rumors, including one to his hometown Chicago Bulls. While Walker is a talented albeit moody player, many teams have been turned off by his contract, which calls for him to make $28 million over the next two seasons.

Sprewell is also scheduled to earn $28 million over the next two seasons, although his contract includes an opt out clause for July 2004. The Knicks have been looking to move Sprewell since last summer but have found few willing partners.

-------------------------------------------------

This trade rumor has been heating up and I know the Celtics want to move Walker but I don't see the point of the trade.

But guys are about the same and won't do anything to improve either of these teams.

If it did go down the Celtics would be getting a slightly better deal because Spreewell could do something in the playoffs but it looks like the Knicks and the Celtics are getting desperate to trade both of these guys.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

Maybe just a change of scenery would be good for these guys. I don't think the trade would improve either team either.

SCF Rewards

I agree with you Studin, a change of scenery may be just what these guys need to revamp there careers. Walker really has not been too well liked in Boston anyway.

SCF Rewards

yup, I agree with Peter.

the trade b/t Walker and Sprewell doesn't do either team any good.

But, I'll take Sprewell, b/c he's more consistent.

When Walker's cold, he not only can't make threes; but he hurts your team by launching 35-footers and giving the other team easy fast break points.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bmedinger's Items on eBay

Huge Celtic fan here. I do not like the sound of this trade. If we are going to trade Walker I hope to not get someone like Sprewell in the deal.

SCF Rewards

I'm also a huge Celts fan and do not like this trade at all. I hope we just keep Walker.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jokeboy's Items on eBay

i dont agree with that!
    spreewell has the same game type as pierce, he wouldnt be content as the #2 option.... 'Toine is great, he can do everything...i dont understand why they would do that....

SCF Rewards

There's no way i'd do that if i were boston.

SCF Rewards
    See themassons's Items on eBay

Originally posted by bergzautos
    I agree with you Studin, a change of scenery may be just what these guys need to revamp there careers. Walker really has not been too well liked in Boston anyway.

I live in the BOston area, and walker is extremley well liked, hes just as popular as Paul Pierce.

SCF Rewards
    See a-rodriguez03's Items on eBay

This doesn't seem like a smart move for the Celtics. They give up Walker (who is unquestionably more talented than Sprewell, and their salaries match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast