Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1160)
    Country

TheRoseBull - Thank you!

pootshwan - Man, I'm so sorry I haven't got back with you before now. I guess I unsubscribed to this thread and didn't realize it. I appreciate the offer, but I do have that card.

Thanks again!
    Craig

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Craig,

It's ok no hard feelings. I kind of figured you had the card, but it was worth a shot.
    Good luck in the future furthering your Dawson collection!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1160)
    Country

Craig,

It's ok no hard feelings. I kind of figured you had the card, but it was worth a shot.
    Good luck in the future furthering your Dawson collection!

Thank you!
    Craig

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (363)
    Country
    See zoecards's Items on eBay

Craig,
    As always, your collection amazes me, congrats on the honor here!
    Scott

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1160)
    Country

Thanks Scott! I appreciate that!

Thanks
    Craig

Country

Should Be A HOF'er

"The Hawk" was awesome and I have a story for you. In 1976 or 1977 around about his first or second season he was playing rightfield for the Expos. I was 12 or 13 YO at the time. Went to an Astros game in the Dome and sat close to field level down the rightfield line. The Astros had a man on 1st base and someone hit a scorching grounder to righfield. The guy on first thought he was going to go to third. Dawson scooped up the ball and all in one motion came up and fired the ball on a line all the way to third base and threw the runner out. I'll never forget looking around at all the people in the section we were sitting in with thier jaws dropped and mouth open, including myself...That was the most unbelievable arm and throw that I have ever seen live..Just thought I'd share that with you, as it left an impression on me as a kid. One of those baseball moments you never forget!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1160)
    Country

That is awesome! I appreciate you sharing that with me! He did have one **** of an arm! I wish MLB would release more footage. They hold onto stuff like they have no desire to share it with us!

Thanks again!
    Craig

Country

That is awesome! I appreciate you sharing that with me! He did have one **** of an arm! I wish MLB would release more footage. They hold onto stuff like they have no desire to share it with us!

Thanks again!
    Craig

In the 70's not every game was televised as they are today and the Astros had some pretty bad teams back then, plus this market here in Houston has never gotten any respect from national media, even when when they win. I doubt there is any footage of that particular game and throw, but I sure would love to see it again..Another player a lot of folks missed was Cesar Cedeno. Roberto Clemente type skills, but kept himself hurt all the time with his reckless style of play. He was great, but unless you lived in Houston and went to the games, you didn't see much Cedeno.

I forgot to add....Great collection you have going there!
    Last edited by Alfordron; 07-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (1160)
    Country

I guess I'll just have to be happy with my Chicago Cubs DVD Set. It does have Dawson's 3 homer game. I would love to find more footage of the 1989 Cubs Team. That is my all time favorite team. Thats the team that made me fall in love with the game of baseball!

Thanks
    Craig

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See lzjp16's Items on eBay

all i gotta say is WOW!

awesome collection... go cubs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast