Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Country

sorry maybe i should've started a new thread. no more bashing.
    unless the cap really falls they will be fine for a few years, at least until malkin needs another deal.

Jim Paek would be the easiest Pens player to pick out of a line-up.

It will be interesting once Crosby and Malkin come up for free agency. Lets hope by then the NHL lands a monster TV deal and the cap goes through the roof. All in all Shero has done a pretty good job of managing contracts. The big one is Letang comes up for free agency when Gonchar's 5 mil comes off the books.

Realistically, Fedatenko is the only must sign out of this years free agent lot, a lot say Sucderi and as much as i love to see him stay greener pastures are elsewhere (not to mention the goligoski deal just today pretty much seals his fate in my opinion). Ziggomantis can center our 4th line cheep like he did before he got hurt. Id like to see Caputi and Pesonen begin to contribute at the NHL level and i think Guerin stay one more year in the league with 1-2 mil cap hit. Lets face it, where else is gonna go and command more cash with a quality team.

That would keep us under the cap and an opening day roster of

Kunitz Crosby Guerin
    Talbot Malkin Tenk
    Cooke Staal Kennedy
    Caputi Ziggomantis Pesonen

Gonch Orpik
    Letang Goligoski
    Eaton Bissonette

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

where were all the pens fans between 97 and 04? didn't balsillie try to buy them and move them? two cups in the nineties and they can't get more than ten thousand in the building? they don't deserve a team! whats next, crosby buying the team in ten years and saving them because mario'll be tired of loosing money then?

perhaps you should check out those attendance marks again. Only one year since Mario's rookie year did they not average between 14,500-17,000 people per game and that was the season of 2003/04

Average attendance
    97/98: 15069
    98/99: 14825
    99/00: 15517
    00/01: 16398
    01/02: 15650
    02/03: 14755
    03/04: 11877
    05/06: 15804
    06/07: 16424
    07/08: 17078

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

My site of preference as well. Such a great site for NHL salaries.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vieillecorneille's Items on eBay

Really happy about the signing of Alex Goligoski today. (you can see why here, that's my collection www.carlsavard.com/goligoski

He will hit the cap for 1.8 millions for the next 3 years but he is ready for the job. The defense looks pretty good in my opinion. With Orpik, Gonchar, Goligoski, Letang and Eaton already signed. Sero wants to agree with Letang and Gonchar on there next contract before christmas. I think Gonch could be signed for the remaining of his carreer with the last few years of his contract at 1 million to bring down the cap hit.

I don't really know what to say about Guerin but if his cap hit can be lower and he wants to stay I'd probably sign him.

I also agree Feds need to be resign but at pretty much the same salary he has now.
    as for Zigomanis, his magic faceoff hands are needed and I agree he should be our 4th center.

I really don't think we're in really bad shape.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Great collection there. What made you pick him?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great collection there. What made you pick him?

I've been a Pens fan for 22 years now so I follow the team a lot. I knew Goligoski was going to be the next promoted and how good he was in college and in Wilkes Barre so when i saw his cards were starting to show up I decided to start buying some. The Super Collector rookie contest also motivated me. https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=558419

and I actually won it.
    :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Cool

I've been a Pens fan for 22 years now so I follow the team a lot. I knew Goligoski was going to be the next promoted and how good he was in college and in Wilkes Barre so when i saw his cards were starting to show up I decided to start buying some. The Super Collector rookie contest also motivated me. https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=558419

and I actually won it.
    :)

Congrtas. I watch all or as much of the Pens as I can (after Mtl only though, ty Center Ice), I liked what I saw of Goligoski too. Great choice and I bet they are cheap to pick up?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I overpaid for low ends one at the beginning of the season since he was playing really really well but got some good deals for higher end ones by the end of the season since he was in Wilkes Barre Scranton.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

perhaps you should check out those attendance marks again. Only one year since Mario's rookie year did they not average between 14,500-17,000 people per game and that was the season of 2003/04

Average attendance
    97/98: 15069
    98/99: 14825
    99/00: 15517
    00/01: 16398
    01/02: 15650
    02/03: 14755
    03/04: 11877
    05/06: 15804
    06/07: 16424
    07/08: 17078

Now you're just letting facts get in the way of a good argument.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123