Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I need help with a PS3 problem!

OK, I've had my PS3 about a year now and it's always worked fine. I woke up this morning and played it for about 45 minutes. I went to play it again like 3 hours later and it won't show up in HDMI. It shows up on composite, but not HDMI. I tried going to display settings and changing it to HDMI and when I switch the channel to HDMI it's just a black screen. Usually it says do you want to accept these changes. I tried turning off the system and holding down the power button for 5 seconds until it resets the display settings.

Nothing works, I've been trying to get this thing to work all day. What I really don't understand is it worked fine in the morning and then I tried later and it just doesn't work. I didn't unplug anything or unhook anything. This really sucks because I downloaded the NCAA demo last nite and haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Please someone help out with this!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Turn the system fully off and then turn the switch back on in the back.. When you turn on the PS3 hold down the power button and wait for that screen to come up.

Also check your HDMI Input/connections. If you can, switch the HDMI to a different input. Also, if you have an extra HDMI cord(or for that matter another one to borrow/in the house) switch those around. About 4 months ago I had my HDMI temporary puke on me. I tried a different one and it worked fine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Turn the system fully off and then turn the switch back on in the back.. When you turn on the PS3 hold down the power button and wait for that screen to come up.

Also check your HDMI Input/connections. If you can, switch the HDMI to a different input. Also, if you have an extra HDMI cord(or for that matter another one to borrow/in the house) switch those around. About 4 months ago I had my HDMI temporary puke on me. I tried a different one and it worked fine.

I tried all that and more, nothing. Thanks for the help anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok so let me get this straight here to try and deduce where your problem is.

#1)You have unplugged and replugged in the HDMI on both ends with your ps3
    #2)You have pulled out your HDMI and put in a new HDMI cord to the ps3/tv
    #3)You have tried the old HDMI at another location(can be new house, same house different tv/device connection. It is important to have both as you need see if it is the cord)
    #4)You have held down the power button to reset your display(this can also be done within the system)
    #5)If possible, you have a second HDMI input on your tv/ps3 to use
    #6)You do know for a fact that composite works perfectly.

If anything is not a yes/have tried and it didn't work please let me know. All logical reason should indicate that your HDMI port went out on the ps3 as you have eliminated every other potential option to find out where the problem is. It is important to try each step because it eliminates a potentail problem that it may be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok so let me get this straight here to try and deduce where your problem is.

#1)You have unplugged and replugged in the HDMI on both ends with your ps3
    #2)You have pulled out your HDMI and put in a new HDMI cord to the ps3/tv
    #3)You have tried the old HDMI at another location(can be new house, same house different tv/device connection. It is important to have both as you need see if it is the cord)
    #4)You have held down the power button to reset your display(this can also be done within the system)
    #5)If possible, you have a second HDMI input on your tv/ps3 to use
    #6)You do know for a fact that composite works perfectly.

If anything is not a yes/have tried and it didn't work please let me know. All logical reason should indicate that your HDMI port went out on the ps3 as you have eliminated every other potential option to find out where the problem is. It is important to try each step because it eliminates a potentail problem that it may be.

Yup, 1-6 tried them all, multiple times. Composite works fine, I was playing PS3 and PS2 on it today. DirectTV works fine and that's hooked up through HDMI 1. I rearranged it so DirectTV would be on HDMI 2 and PS3 on HDMI 1, still doesn't work. What should I do if my HDMI port went out on my PS3?

SCF Rewards
    Country

At this point, no.. I would keep an eye online though to see what you can find.

Jay