Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Iranian envoy: CIA involved in Neda's shooting?

Iranian envoy: CIA involved in Neda's shooting?

The United States may have been behind the killing of Neda Agha-Soltan, the 26-year-old Iranian woman whose fatal videotaped shooting Saturday made her a symbol of opposition to the June 12 presidential election results, the country's ambassador to Mexico said Thursday.

Neda Agha-Soltan, 26, was shot to death in Tehran on Saturday.

"This death of Neda is very suspicious," Ambassador Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri said. "My question is, how is it that this Miss Neda is shot from behind, got shot in front of several cameras, and is shot in an area where no significant demonstration was behind held?"

He suggested that the CIA or another intelligence service may have been responsible.

"Well, if the CIA wants to kill some people and attribute that to the government elements, then choosing women is an appropriate choice, because the death of a woman draws more sympathy," Ghadiri said.

In response, CIA spokesman George Little said, "Any suggestion that the CIA was responsible for the death of this young woman is wrong, absurd and offensive."

Though the video appeared to show that she had been shot in the chest, Ghadiri said that the bullet was found in her head and that it was not of a type used in Iran.

"These are the methods that terrorists, the CIA and spy agencies employ," he said. "Naturally, they would like to see blood spilled in these demonstrations, so that they can use it against the Islamic Republic of Iran. This is of the common methods that the CIA employs in various countries."

But, he added, "I am not saying that now the CIA has done this. There are different groups. It could be the [work of another] intelligence service; it could be the CIA; it could be the terrorists. Anyway, there are people who employ these types of methods."

What a joke...

SCF Rewards
    Country

wouldn't surprise me one bit ...

does it surprise you OPT? I mean really ... the CIA has been known to do worse things that what is being accused here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It wouldn't surprise me, no. But it seems like this guy is trying to think of any excuse to make the Iranian leaders not seem like they're completing oppressing any dissent. They're just throwing anything out there hoping something sticks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I hear ya on that. I just don't put anything past the CIA man.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No, me neither...especially when it comes to trying to covertly support regime changes in unfriendly countries, not a new game by any means.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

There are some very questionable things about the shooting...

Why was she the only person shot? There were plenty of protesters around, would make more sense to kill as many as possible.

I don't think the U.S. or the CIA was behind this, but in a investigative scope they would certainly have the motive for it. Look at the stir it has created around the world. Iran's government is now perhaps more than ever a target.