Welcome to Sports Card Forum

The Ultimate for Everything Sports and Non-Sports Cards

•  » Are you interested in Sports and Non-Sports Cards
  •  » Looking for a tool to track your collections?
  •  » Need addresses to request for Autographs?
  •  » Want to know about Shows coming to your area?

...then you have come to the right place!

Sports Card Forum can do all of this and much more!!!

Register an account for FREE right now!

Or If you are already a Member, Please log in at the Top/Right of this page!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

tsn: SOURCES: NHL AND NHLPA INVESTIGATING BLACKHAWKS OVER OFFERS

Sources tell TSN the NHL and the NHLPA are investigating what might have been an enormous mistake by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Chicago tendered qualifying offers to several key players this week, including Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson and Troy Brouwer, however the investigation underway is to determine whether the qualifying offers were filed correctly.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283634

==============

Comment: whoops!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Football Frenzy
    Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh come on Scott your just trying to make the rosecolor glasses look bad. Thanks for sharing should be a good story to see how this all pans out.

DOn

Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

Oh come on Scott your just trying to make the rosecolor glasses look bad.

if i'm a fan of any of the other 29 teams, I'm watching this one very closely. I can see teams throwing big money at Barker and Versteeg. Eager and Brouwer would get alot of interest also.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I saw this last night on TSN. Darren Dregger twittered that this could become a huge story because basically if they find that Chicago was in the wrong then all of those players given qualifying offers by Chicago could become UFAs. I'm sure the other 29 teams would love to get their hands on Versteeg.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

what a bizarre story though i'm sure nothing will come of it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It would be a huge loss for the Hawks if the NHL rules against them. Barker and Versteeg are young guys that are only going to get better,although many "fans" in Chicago want the Hawks to trade those two away. Eager has some skill, good hands and he skates well. Brouwer has good hockey sense, always near the puck and willing to stand in front of the net. All four were a big part of the Hawks success last year.

Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BruHawk's Items on eBay

This could be devastating to the development of the Blackhawks franchise. In a way I hope that nothing comes from it, because the Hawks fans had to suffer through a lot to get to a point where the team can be a threat to make it to the finals or even win the cup. If they lose any, or all of these players then it's a gigantic step backwards for them. On the other hand, if what is being reported is true, and the NHL and NHLPA find that no offers were faxed to the agents or playesr, and simply sent regular mail to the players, then the Blackhawks' management team should be ashamed of themselves and deserve to lose this talent.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

On the other hand, if what is being reported is true, and the NHL and NHLPA find that no offers were faxed to the agents or playesr, and simply sent regular mail to the players, then the Blackhawks' management team should be ashamed of themselves and deserve to lose this talent.
    honestly, people lose there jobs for far less in non-sport related industries. Someone will have to pay with their job on this, regardless of the outcome

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

The question will be....Will anyone approach them if it was a paperwork error....I mean, would the other 29 teams show respect for Chicago to get the first chance at signing or will they attck like hungry wolves??
    There will be a "Lowe" type GM who just doesnt care as its fair game and within the rules but I am sure they will alltreat it like they were RFA and give Chicago a time frame to get them signed.....

But who was the idiot that just sent it to the player via mail???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

Yes I agree that these are all good players, but not the best on Chicago. Versteeg is the best case here. Is there any possibility that this is done purposely to create cap room space for future signings???? You've got Toews and Kane up next year I believe and you've just signed Hossa to a 12 year term and I personally think they will have to go after another goaltender. I know it sounds maniacal, but I know there are a lot of GMS thinking outside the box right now planning for the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast