Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Haul From Kelowna!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Haul From Kelowna!

As I'd mentioned about a week or so ago, it was a total blast in Kelowna, including meeting Jason (webernaslundco) a couple of times, John (wolfman_john), and I'm pretty sure I spent an hour one day just hanging out at Players Choice chatting. The Kelowna crew are really a cool bunch to chat with, I think a lot of it comes from that shared passion & pride in our Kelowna Rockets. A lot of what follows will be Rockets-intensive goods! Not pictured are the full collection of Rockets team sets and a signed Carey Price photo - I can't seem to get a good scan of it, but once I do, it'll be posted!

A nice Blake Comeau GU:

A cool little (no pun intended) Tyler Mosienko auto:

A very-nice hard-signed SP'd Weber auto:

Epic thanks to Jason for finding one of these; it has been a long search to track down this Gorges card:

Now for some really good stuff. Back on the 27th there was a fundraising event held at Sturgeon Hall, put on by NHL legend Bob Bourne to help raise money for the Rick Hansen Foundation. There were a ton of the '04 Memorial Cup Champs there, including Comeau, Kelly Guard, Mosienko, Ryan Cuthbert, Troy Bodie, and of course Josh Gorges. It was basically me, my fiance (we had just got engaged the evening previous!), a couple other folks, and the guys drinking beers in the hot sun. I promised I wouldn't put the pics up on Facebook or anything, but suffice to say it was a blast. I've got a great pic of Josh celebrating after he won the raffle for (get this) a Carey Price signed photo. There was also a Gorges signed game-used stick that I was really really hoping to win, but no dice. And who knew that Kelly Guard would become a successful auctioneer? The guy was able to market a pie and get $100 out of it! Here's some autos & stuff:

And this little pic really made the day:

Unfortunately I had to be on a plane yesterday so I didn't get to go to the Rockets' alumni game. I had a couple other things I was hoping to get signed; luckily, my future sister-in-law and her boyfriend were going, and they were able to get me signed photos of Weber and Gorges. They also tried to get Josh's stick, but he couldn't part with it as he only had a few. They also had a blast, and the sis got herself a Comeau card that I gave her signed. Pics to come of that once they arrive in the mail.

And that was my holiday. As mentioned above, I also got engaged! That one's a 1/1!!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Country

very nice

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

very nice stuff and congrats on the engagement

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

Congrats on the engagement Rich. Glad you had a blast out there and welcome home. Now get back to work :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those are sweet looking pick ups Rich!! Sounds like Kelowna was fun

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

That's better than a mail day. lol

Congrats on the engagment Rich.

Sorry you couldn't pry the stick away.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wingsfan-13's Items on eBay

Congrats on the engagement, nice pickups!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Congrats on the engagement, and meeting Josh, this is a better show and tell than any mailday could provide!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

Some Nice pick-up and autos!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the engagement, sounds like it was a great show!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast