Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Question A question about a card..................

Hey gang,

I was going through the autographs I picked up from the weekends show, and I just noticed something different about one of the cards I bought-

It is a 1998 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph of Jacquez Green #98. OK...the difference on this one as opposed to the regular rookie ticket autos, is that on the back of this one is a silver box with the words playoff honor roll in it, and on the bottom left of the card, it is hand numbered 87/196. The regular Rookie Ticket Auto has a BV of $30.

I looked in both beckett mags, and beckett online, and could find no such card.....HELP!!!

Peace,
    Rima

PS- this card is not up for trade, would just like to know what in the world it is!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Could it be a buyback card of some sort?

Because 196 is kinda a weird number to have a card #D out of and I know the buyback cards are usually odd numbered.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey PWaldo-

You know....I never thought about that. I will skim thru the beckett again and see if I come up with anything!

Thanks for the idea :D

Peace,
    Rima

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wdwain's Items on eBay

Yeah - It sounds like a Buyback Auto to me also!

See Hockeysk8er6's Items on eBay

What does a buyback auto mean? Sorry for the dumb question

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by HoBaFoo66
    What does a buyback auto mean? Sorry for the dumb question

A buyback autograph is when a company like Upper Deck goes back and purchases old cards from previous years and then they have the player autograph them. They are #D and are usually from very low and odd print runs.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

They purchase them from dealers (usually) in large lots.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok...I searched high and low thru the becketts and found nothing about this card via buybacks either....bummer!

It's not really that big a deal, I was just wondering...I had bought 2 'graphs from that set, the other was a Skip Hicks RC Auto, but only the Green was different. No matter....still a cool card!! :)
    Can't beat it for $4.

Peace,
    Rima

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Re: A question about a card..................

Originally posted by BlackDiam0nd66
    It is a 1998 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph of Jacquez Green #98. OK...the difference on this one as opposed to the regular rookie ticket autos, is that on the back of this one is a silver box with the words playoff honor roll in it, and on the bottom left of the card, it is hand numbered 87/196. The regular Rookie Ticket Auto has a BV of $30.

I looked in both beckett mags, and beckett online, and could find no such card.....HELP!!!

Peace,
    Rima

Heyas Rima. I had looked a little into this for ya and was coming up empty also. I had checked the Playoff site and found nothing so I was going to e-mail them and then noticed something you said about the card. You had said that it has "silver box with the words playoff honor roll in it" and that got me thinking about a buyback auto that I have that was from 2001 Playoff Honors Honor Roll Autographs. Come to find out it is from the Playoff Honors set. The current BV on it is at $25. Hope this helps ya out and that was a good find you got there. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Richie!!...I also did a little more looking, and it is indeed from that set: Green, Jaquez- 01 Playoff Honors Honor Roll Buyback Autograph #d/196 BV $25....I just found it in the big beckett book (of course...I had to FIND my big beckett book...lol)

Thanks e1 for the help!! :D

Peace,
    Rima

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast