Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ermac666's Items on eBay

No real value cards, but I had put some cards down for a bit and walked away from putting them away in the binder, and of course, my 14 month old daughter gets to them and that's the end of those cards, I'm glad I had put my more valueable cards away beforehand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

Ok, my turn.

I participated in a Secret Santa and found a card that matched my receiver's needs. So naturally I bought this two-color /50 Artifacts jersey/patch since the seller said no way it can be less than 20BV, which was required to send the card to my receiver. Today I found out that
    1) The card is not more than BV 15
    2) I paid the full BV for totally useless card

Add any cursing word you like here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

Ok, my turn.

I participated in a Secret Santa and found a card that matched my receiver's needs. So naturally I bought this two-color /50 Artifacts jersey/patch since the seller said no way it can be less than 20BV, which was required to send the card to my receiver. Today I found out that
    1) The card is not more than BV 15
    2) I paid the full BV for totally useless card

Add any cursing word you like here.

i would send it anyways! explain the story and include a few young guns or something to make up the difference. he's still getting a card he wants, i would know the intention was good if it was sent to me!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would send it anyways! explain the story and include a few young guns or something to make up the difference. he's still getting a card he wants, i would know the intention was good if it was sent to me!

The problem here is that my cards from 2000-present are basically every single one in my PC and I don't have "a couple of young guns".

I already contacted one card seller in USA to find a card that fits here.

edit. And now this dealer saved my day!
    Last edited by Mauri; 11-17-2010 at 09:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This happened to me a few times. Sometimes I cut open the package when they arrived in the mail. I ended up cutting the cards, i'm glad it was nothing expensive!
    Looking for Wayne Gretzky base/inserts that I don't have.

Looking for Vancouver Canuck base/inserts that I don't have.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Had a bunch of cards (nothing major, but definitely tradeable stuff) sitting on my computer desk. One morning I was drinking a coffee, perusing the internet and talking with the wife. Put down the coffee and was talking to her. Swept my hand over to point at something and...ended up throwing out a bunch of now coffee-brown RCs...sigh.

Just the other night I was looking through for a few cards. picked up a handful and started flipping through them. The last one in the group was sitting a touch lower than the others and when I went to put them down, it slipped under the pile and bent right in half.
    Player: Joe Sakic
    BV: $40

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had a bunch of cards (nothing major, but definitely tradeable stuff) sitting on my computer desk. One morning I was drinking a coffee, perusing the internet and talking with the wife. Put down the coffee and was talking to her. Swept my hand over to point at something and...ended up throwing out a bunch of now coffee-brown RCs...sigh.

Did you have Paul Coffee's RC? That would have made that epic

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That I would have kept and framed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

I received a BGS 9.5 card through the mail in only a bubblemailer. It was not handled with any care and the BGS holder was in about 6-7 major fragments.... org....

Fortunately, I got a refund for the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I once traded a excellent-near mint 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle card for not 1..but 2 complete 1988 Donruss sets...oh with "The Rookies" subsets included...and did I mention they were not factory sets??? "What the......!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast