Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini Peek: 2019 Legacy Football (Preview Gallery)

Full disclosure: In the interest of time (and playing catch-up), we’re dedicating today here at The Knight’s Lance to previewing in rapid-fire fashion the newest products that have been solicited by the Panini America sales team in recent weeks. By our count, we’ve yet to post preliminary product information on five recent product solicitations from the worlds of baseball, basketball, football and racing. In order to rectify the situation, we’re going to streamline things here today by highlighting key product information taken directly from the PIS document for each of the products, one post at a time.

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.h...eview-gallery/

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

All I can say is that I can't wait till another company can be allowed to make NFL cards again. It is getting old with product after product of the same stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@KiloSportsCards See kilosportscards's Items on eBay Instagram:

This product does remind me a lot of the old Donruss Classics though.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

The last time there was a promised "full disclosure", it was December 2018 and Panini's blogosphere team was running behind and soliciting their sales team. Some things, like product designs and missing hits, never change.

What time? Saving time? Spending time? Or is this some sort of intellectual interest in the concept of time itself as a human construct as a unit of measure?

Still drunk from the Super Bowl party I see.

Let April 18th, 2019 be forever known in the annuals of human history as the day Panini's blog dedicated doing their job!

here at The Knight’s Lance to previewing

Missed opportunity #137 - titling the blog post "Panini Preview Peek".

inigo.jpg

the newest products that have been solicited by the Panini America sales team

Real hard job the SALES team must have, what with all the competition they have to.... ohhh wait.

By the way, "solicited" is a fancy way of saying "asked for". I'd love to know who their sales team have been talking to where 2019 Legacy was the fruit of that conversation.

By our count, we’ve yet to post preliminary product information on five recent product solicitations

What happened to this rapid-fire catch-up I was promised? The lede continues to drown in Panini parliamentary procedures.

from the worlds of baseball, basketball, football and racing

The Basketballians fought for decades against the Baseballenites during the Milky Way Wars until Panini America brought galactic peace with gifts of unoriginal designs, sticker autographs, and rewards points that cost collector's additional shipping and handling to redeem. The Footballtonians saw this and decided to join with the Panini empire along with those of the Racinger race. Only the proud and noble Hockii's have stood apart from this dark empire's growing borders. But Panini keeps an envious gaze upon the frozen lands of the planet Hockey, lu™™™™lly gazing at the O-Pee-Cheeians, preparing to clone them for eternal reprints.

In order to rectify the situation

Situations must always be rectified.

we’re going to streamline things here today

Classic Panini copy/pasting something they blogged about months ago and passing it off as new. Don't believe me?

rectify.JPG

Full disclosure? Check
    Mentioned sales team solicitation? Check
    Offer preliminary production information on a specific number of products? check
    Situation in need of rectifying? Check
    Streamlining things here today? Check
    Highlighting key product information? Hmmmmm, didn't see that yet......

by highlighting key product information

THERE IT IS!!!!

taken directly from the PIS document

What have I told you about acronyms? It's proper etiquette to define the acronym first then you may continue to use it later as shorthand.

for each of the products, one post at a time.

Could you imagine if I did this for all the other sports? The Panini Poison (coming in 2020 with 50 parallels and 100% sticker autographs of undrafted free agents) would kill me.

So buckle your seatbelt and get ready

Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to buckle my seatbelt when I'm driving and reading Panini's blog posts. Oops, just blew a red light #unbreakable.

as we spend the next few hours previewing 2019 Victory Lane Racing, 2019 Legacy Football, 2018-19 Noir Basketball, 2019 Luminance Football and 2019 Leather & Lumber Baseball.

hours of previews yet scant seconds of skimming the blog. Now whose time is wasted Panini?! (it's still us)

This time we’re showcasing the new 2019 Legacy Football.

OH JOY! A brand new SKU!!!

Release Date: May 22, 2019
    Product Configuration: Eight cards per pack, 16 packs per box, 24 boxes per master case (two 12-box inners)
    BREAK: Two autographs, 32 Rookie Cards, 10 inserts and 10 parallels per hobby box, on average.

Credit where credit is due. Useful info.

2019 Legacy Football makes its debut and brings an all-new modern/vintage product to the hobby.

Unlike 2010 Classics, 2015 Donruss Classics, 2016 Panini Classics, 2017 Panini Classics, 2018 Panini Classics?

Find Legacy Premium Edition parallels printed on Optichrome technology for the entire 200-card base set.

You know I joked that Panini was optichroming their entire product line, essentially doubling the amount of crap they can sell. They've gone all in on it.

Each box will deliver two autographs from sets like Future Patch Autographs, Legends Premium Penmanship and Rookies Premium Penmanship Platinum

1. Future Patch Autographs sounds like a set comprised solely of redemption cards.
    2. Penmanship, noun. The art or skill of writing by hand.

nailed it.

Hilarious that Panini is passing off a set that they've delivered in the form of Classics since 2015 as something new. The backlog of product previews from the staff of unpaid interns and Hackler which was plagarized from their own earlier blog post about being behind is quite hilarious to me.

Seems like an interesting product, would be more interesting if they stuck to having all NFL player depicted in throwback jerseys though. Have an actual theme for a set beyond "it looks old but is modern".

2019 releases

​03-29-2019 - Prizm Draft Picks
    04-12-2019 - 2018 Honors (????)
    04-19-2019 - 2018 Flawless (????)
    05-22-2019 - 2019 Classics Legacy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Keep it up l9ve reading your commentary!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

This product does remind me a lot of the old Donruss Classics though.

I'm under the impression that this product is replacing Classics...this is the time last year that 2018 Classics was released.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I'm under the impression that this product is replacing Classics...this is the time last year that 2018 Classics was released.

Knowing Panini we'll probably get a 2019 Classics Optic.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Knowing Panini we'll probably get a 2019 Classics Optic.

LMAO! Or, better yet, we will get 2019 Classics 1 week after 2019 Legacy...then sometime February 2020 we will get 2019 Classics Optic AND 2019 Legacy Optic. All of this will come 2 weeks after the release of 2020 Panini high school graduate prizm select