Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well, I didn't want any username to be revealed, but your choice. I don't remember it was a search for bulk lots, if that's the case I should have not tried to include the Tarasenko YG and Fabbri Patch. And anyway, don't have enough quantity of low end to make team bulk lots. My mistake. That being said, still don't think 33$ for the lot would be "fair", considering it would cost 5$ right off the bat for shipping, so it was more 28$, which is the minimum I'd sell the Tarasenko for.

But like you said, we didn't see eye to eye, my mistake was not to identify that you wanted cheap lots. It was not pre-cup though. I came back to the hobby end of April, and I came back here first, took me a while before I went back on HI so it was in June/July. Actually, your thread was posted June 29th. But that being said, I don't hold a grudge against anybody and even if things didn't work out, I'm always ready to try again.

My mistake, was thinking it was pre-cup.
    Glad we chatted it out. Good luck on the hunt, and hopefully we can try trading again in the future. Had a nice trade a while back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no problem trading and give the other trader the advantage (BV wise) if I can get anything on my wantlist and if i'm helping another person at the same time. I wont even care for small Value differences to be honest. Of course, Lets say im trading you a Matthews YG, i wont accept 10 Victor Mete YG for it lol.

Some people are not in the hobby for the right reasons. Some people are. Its not always easy trading junk or non-desired cards to someone else or to have a deal with someone.

The fact the cards are getting more and more expensive will surely slow down the trading.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If your getting fed up I would just avoid it. As it a hobby and you need to enjoy it. Find those people whom you enjoy the hobby with and avoid those who you do not.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 09-08-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

As someone who has recently jumped back into trading on SCF, (about 20 trades in the last month many still in process) compared to about 50 trades over the last 5-6 years, I have found that I have had to expand what I was looking for. My main PC has always been Liut and he doesn't have a large checklist. I have cornered the market on most of his cards, except for the rarer food issue or oddball items and some 1/1, plates, etc. I decided that if I wanted to trade on here, I had to start collecting other players and sets.

Once I expanded what I was looking for, it became a lot easier to trade on here. Furthermore, if I had a card that I really didn't need, but someone else could use, I was more than eager to trade it for trade bait or just any Montreal Canadiens cards that I could use. That has definitely helped me make a few more trades on here. If I can help someone else build up their PC, and it doesn't hurt or impact my own collection, why wouldn't I?

I feel like we're in a similar boat when it comes to how we need to approach trading. Well said!

I too also need to broaden my horizons when looking to trade and just try and find something of any goalie that can fit into my collection, as my main PC is very niche and I have cornered the market on pretty much all of Enroth's cards.

The last part of your post I bolded really resonates with me. Helps keeps things simple when approaching a trade and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

My card budget is pretty limited, which means I have historically not traded for trades sake unless it included at least one pc card. My pc is MSU alumni focused on Miller and Abdelkader, which can be difficult to find (not as bad as Crease's pc) for some reason for older cards and neither of those guys had much of anything in 18/19 product. Thankfully, my pc target expanded for this rookie class with Taro Hirose joining my 2nd favorite team and Maceachern winning the cup in STL.

That being said ive also been lazy at updating my trader's google sheet, which means my inventory list isn't as accurate as it should be. Which i hope to adjust into the inventory manager at some point
    I feel like we're in a similar boat when it comes to how we need to approach trading. Well said!

I too also need to broaden my horizons when looking to trade and just try and find something of any goalie that can fit into my collection, as my main PC is very niche and I have cornered the market on pretty much all of Enroth's cards.

The last part of your post I bolded really resonates with me. Helps keeps things simple when approaching a trade and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

Although I'm new here, I've read on various trading websites especially Facebook that they will only accept cards like Trout, Harper, Machado, Soto, Acuna , Tatis and Alonso, etc...if they're going to trade their commons and "common" inserts (I'm not good at explaining at times). I think that the conditions for a trade are a joke. Someone even put the person wanting Trout, Harper, Acuna and Soto cards in their place. I can see where Xspyrit is coming from. What I'm also trying to say is that to me, card collecting is fun and we need to keep it that way.

Amen and I'm hopeful this discussion could lead to ideas to make things easier/simpler/smoother. Actually, the inventory manager here on SCF could be really useful if everyone was using it and updating it. Maybe if we could check the cards we are interested in, and then the site gives up notifications when there's a "match" between traders. I think it' a bit like you can do on the Beckett site.

Imagine, you go on a "global inventory of the site", search for cards you're looking for and then check add them to a wantlist, and the other person knows you're interested in it. Then you can start dealing.

What about this scottkoz20 ?

My mistake, was thinking it was pre-cup.
    Glad we chatted it out. Good luck on the hunt, and hopefully we can try trading again in the future. Had a nice trade a while back.

Yeah no hard feelings at all, we also made a trade here on SCF and it went well. The thread is more about the general feeling of a diminishing ratio of successful negotiations, which is unproductive for somebody who likes results in the effort/time I put in. Next time we'll trade again, this was just a miscommunication as you wanted a cheap lot and I wanted to sell at market value or close to it.

I have no problem trading and give the other trader the advantage (BV wise) if I can get anything on my wantlist and if i'm helping another person at the same time. I wont even care for small Value differences to be honest. Of course, Lets say im trading you a Matthews YG, i wont accept 10 Victor Mete YG for it lol.

Some people are not in the hobby for the right reasons. Some people are. Its not always easy trading junk or non-desired cards to someone else or to have a deal with someone.

The fact the cards are getting more and more expensive will surely slow down the trading.

I think the same! I think you're dead on. I think we should not care much and just go by BV when we're dealing cards that are not Matthews YG. Of course when cards have a good/great value, it should be different. I'll give a good example :

2010-11 Pinnacle Pencraft #29 Stan Mikita (s/50) BV 30.00$

I just got a 49.99$ bid on Ebay. Now imagine people offering me a few common YGs for it. Something that happens from time to time...

If your getting fed up I would just avoid it. As it a hobby and you need to enjoy it. Find those people whom you enjoy the hobby with and avoid those who you do not.

Don

yes, need to enjoy it. And I still do, many people are still worth dealing with. But I have noticed a change in 5 years in how difficult it got trading. We need to do something about it, if possible.

Hey, if you're looking for goalie stuff in general (I have no Enroth), maybe we can start talking about a deal? You probably have stuff that I'm looking for (check wantlist in signature)

X
    Last edited by Xspyrit; 09-08-2019 at 01:13 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think there's anything wrong with the present trading system, it's not rocket science:

1- you post what you're looking for
    2- you post what you have for trade

If you find a good match, you will get a deal done. In the last 24 hours I've made another 3 trades with no hassle at all, one of them was with a guy I've never heard off before, it took a couple of seconds to negotiate a deal and it was done.

And one more thing to add, we're talking about hockey cards here, it's a hobby, some people take this way too seriously lol.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

I don't think there's anything wrong with the present trading system, it's not rocket science:

1- you post what you're looking for
    2- you post what you have for trade

If you find a good match, you will get a deal done. In the last 24 hours I've made another 3 trades with no hassle at all, one of them was with a guy I've never heard off before, it took a couple of seconds to negotiate a deal and it was done.

And one more thing to add, we're talking about hockey cards here, it's a hobby, some people take this way too seriously lol.

well, not the point at all. The point is actually rocket science

Edit : i have 296 feedback on this site, more on HI and had a lot of a QC site that doesn't exist anymore, even though I took a 5 years break. Yes, I know how it works but if you read the OP, I have noticed a significant drop in efficiency and that's what this thread is about, just a discussion
    Last edited by Xspyrit; 09-08-2019 at 01:38 PM.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Amen and I'm hopeful this discussion could lead to ideas to make things easier/simpler/smoother. Actually, the inventory manager here on SCF could be really useful if everyone was using it and updating it. Maybe if we could check the cards we are interested in, and then the site gives up notifications when there's a "match" between traders. I think it' a bit like you can do on the Beckett site.

Imagine, you go on a "global inventory of the site", search for cards you're looking for and then check add them to a wantlist, and the other person knows you're interested in it. Then you can start dealing.

What about this scottkoz20 ?

Yeah no hard feelings at all, we also made a trade here on SCF and it went well. The thread is more about the general feeling of a diminishing ratio of successful negotiations, which is unproductive for somebody who likes results in the effort/time I put in. Next time we'll trade again, this was just a miscommunication as you wanted a cheap lot and I wanted to sell at market value or close to it.

I think the same! I think you're dead on. I think we should not care much and just go by BV when we're dealing cards that are not Matthews YG. Of course when cards have a good/great value, it should be different. I'll give a good example :

2010-11 Pinnacle Pencraft #29 Stan Mikita (s/50) BV 30.00$

I just got a 49.99$ bid on Ebay. Now imagine people offering me a few common YGs for it. Something that happens from time to time...

yes, need to enjoy it. And I still do, many people are still worth dealing with. But I have noticed a change in 5 years in how difficult it got trading. We need to do something about it, if possible.

Hey, if you're looking for goalie stuff in general (I have no Enroth), maybe we can start talking about a deal? You probably have stuff that I'm looking for (check wantlist in signature)

X

you can create a want list here, and then check all other public inventories for the cards on your list. You have to actually reach out to the member that has the cards you want but still pretty simple.............i check the inventories for my want list daily and have made several trades this way
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

In my experience, it's harder to trade now that it was 15 years ago, when I started dealing online. On my side, I prefer selling now that picking extra trade bait, my trade list is already so long. But for the more common stuff, I'm pretty realistic in my asking prices, lower-end stuff is much less collected than before and harder to move.

But, there are still good people around, and it's still possible to make good trades for both sides.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast