Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jnell22's Items on eBay

I find it easier to search for the entire set vs the player or specific card. Seems to be easier that way to find what you are looking for. I agree this system doesn't seem to be user friendly at first. Once you get used it it actually quite nice.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

@BuffaloRCody

SCF controls all data entry for accuracy purpose as we have one of the most complete sports card database and accuracy is very important. We care about set names being consistent with the manufacturer checklist etc... This is why we have a team that does all the entries.

What you need to do, first maybe ask what card you are looking for and we will check first if it's the database in the first place. Often it's how you search a card that make you not find it. Can be other things like related to player indexing issue that I will work soon on or simply a mistake in the set name. Often when not finding a card sometime less info in a search provide more result and you find the card.

Now the best way to go at it is to post in the sub-forum from this forum https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...s-and-Feedback found under Community - feedbacks and suggestions forum. mainly this is where you can ask general question on the Inventory and you have sub-forums for each sport and this is where if you do not find a given card you can request for it to be added.

I created this application and can answer any questions you may have. I can also explain to you anything you do not understand.

Now the fact you can't add cards not in our database, most of the time it's either because they are promo cards as often we never get a list of those posted by manufacturer.

Either the set just got out and we still have to add it.

But more often then not, it is in the database and you did not find it. Thing is set name may vary depending on the source. We try to be consistant with set name. At time it may be a simple mistake in the name somewhere.

Also it can be because on how we index player. So if for instance you put a player name like "Carey Price" in the player name section of the search and you do not find the card, try to remove a letter like this "Carey Pric" then it may just show the card missing. this is because we try to make the application very fast and with player when you search a database with millions of cards it can take many seconds to find card using text search. One way we do make it faster is to index player's cards but they do not always get indexed very well when we add them for some reason. This is why we also let members index them on the player search section.

So remember that if you use the field Player Name: as a search option and do not find the card, just remove a letter and search it again. This is something I want to work on to find a better way so player do get indexed fully when we add cards in the database. The issue is more often then not with multi player and other case when there is not just the name of one player in the field. But that can be a reason why a card is not found.

You can ask any question regarding the Inventory application in this forum anytime and me or other staff will answer all your questions: Inventory/Storefront Questions and Feedback

Once you understand how the search work you will find it easy to use it. It's normal when we are new to a application to have a learning curve. But we are there to help anytime. Plus you have access to the developer as well as I coded all this application. Not true of all application on Internet to have access directly to the developer to better understand and make suggestion or give feedback.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 02-27-2017 at 02:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

so, what happens if I have a card that isn't in the database? can u add cards.... I'm really confuseed with this process... it's not that "user friendly"

I answered that same question in the post right before yours. Luc went on to explain the whole process and reasons why card accuracy is important. The best advice with using the IM is to read and view the tutorials, and asking questions like you have is always a good thing as that nets you more answers.

If you have a card or cards that we don't have already in the IM then we like to hear about what you have(post it in here https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...s-and-Feedback ). We want the most comprehensive checklist available in the world, and if you have something to add we will make it happen. The bonus is that you get to contribute.

Once you get more accustomed to the IM it will become a breeze. I promise!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@Goose97 @CoolHandLuke. I have found so far that, anytime I have not been able to find a specific card in the database, the issue is one of two things. Either it's like Luke said, and it's a promo card, or it's a case of human error, as there's been a spelling mistake in the player name! Just today, I couldn't locate 2 Anton Volchenkov cards (08/09 OPC). Looking through the set checklist, I discovered his name had an extra E in it, so that was Volechenkov. Error reports were sent, so should be corrected soon, yes?
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Goose97 @CoolHandLuke. I have found so far that, anytime I have not been able to find a specific card in the database, the issue is one of two things. Either it's like Luke said, and it's a promo card, or it's a case of human error, as there's been a spelling mistake in the player name! Just today, I couldn't locate 2 Anton Volchenkov cards (08/09 OPC). Looking through the set checklist, I discovered his name had an extra E in it, so that was Volechenkov. Error reports were sent, so should be corrected soon, yes?

Absolutely!

They get fixed as soon as possible. @Iheartjacquie is the master Hockey IM fixer on these! I just looked and he was all on top of it already!

Good catch, and good report!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely!

They get fixed as soon as possible. @Iheartjacquie is the master Hockey IM fixer on these! I just looked and he was all on top of it already!

Good catch, and good report!

Thanks! Since I'm hoping to eventually obtain Supercollector status, I'm constantly updating my PC cards, especially since I'm using the IM to track my inventory! Since I can't add images, I'm always looking to be as accurate as possible, which means reporting any errors I come across, or, in the case of adding team names to my cards, any errors I create!! Curse my fat fingers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

One other thing @Goose97. Adding Brian Lee cards to my PC and wantlist right now. Any idea why, when you type in Brian Lee and a card number into the search, not only do Brian Lee's cards come up, but Brian Leetch cards will as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country

One other thing @Goose97. Adding Brian Lee cards to my PC and wantlist right now. Any idea why, when you type in Brian Lee and a card number into the search, not only do Brian Lee's cards come up, but Brian Leetch cards will as well?

Oh that quirk!

That's when you do a search where you type in a portion of a players name, but get another guy mixed in the results. Lee is missing the tch that leetch has, but in the search he will come up unless you rolodex him separately by using the player indexing, and then only Brian Lee's cards come up.
    @CoolHandLuke has the better answer here as why that search is as it is.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

@BuffaloRCody if its ever hockey cards you cant find/are looking to add pm me and I will help you asap....when I first started using the IM I hated it, had a million questions and found it very difficult to navigate. But with the help of the great members on this site I quickly got the hang of it and no think it is the single greatest tool for my card collecting needs.
    @SenatorCollector I have edited the indexing for Brian Lee to exclude Brian Leetch.....and have re indexed the player. I now see 228 cards for Brian Lee instead of 3000+
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Iheartjacquie, that sounds a lot more correct! Not to mention, easier to catalogue! Thanks!!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast