Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2019-20 Season - Who's on Your Collecting Radar?

We are now a mere four weeks away from pre-season hockey, and the regular season itself starts on October 3rd.

The first 2019-20 hockey card release is on the market, and OPC is not very far behind, coming out the first week of September.

So with that said, who features for you on your PC list for the upcoming season? Rookies, new additions to the team, or guys who have elevated their game and will have a more central place in your collecting. Let's hear it!

For me, I'm super-excited about Ryan Poehling for the Habs. I know it was only one game but what a start to his career. I've already got a couple of his MVP cards and I picked up one of these from Club 1909:

Another guy that I think I'm going to up the ante on this year is Max Domi. I posted that interview the other day, I love the kid. It's hilarious watching his Instagram stories where he just verbally rag-dolls his dad all the time. LOL Oh yeah and he put up one amazing first campaign in Montreal last year. I think he's going to continue to excel in this environment so I'm gonna be putting more effort into his cards for sure, especially if UD gets him actually signing stuff again!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I too will be looking at some of the Habs younger players, especially Mete who I think will continue to develop under Weber's mentorship.

I'll probably also look at some of the up and coming goalies in the league as well, like Hart, Samsonov, and
    Sorokin to name a few. I'm watching Primeau with interest but as Price's likely successor at this point, I think he's still a couple of seasons away from playing for the Habs.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Taro Hirose is going to be my new PC this year. He had a good start for the 10 games last year. Go Green

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Upper Deck actually (just) made a couple of cards of Bill Ranford again... so perhaps he's on their radar ??? The minis in Chronology were his first UD cards in two years.

Right now I'm waiting for the rest of 18-19 stuff to come out. I'm expecting Ethan Bear, Evan Bouchard, and Cooper Marody will all be in The Cup - and then price depending, I'll be chasing those three.

Caleb Jones, Patrick Russell, and Joseph Gamardella have all had compendium rookies, but that's it. I'm hoping the'll get into another product still (is The Cup the only one left??).

Josh Currie hasn't been in anything, and so far not on any early season checklists. Hope he gets something....

Other than that: I'm looking for a Thomas Jurco NT /99 Rookie Card, Josh Archibald SPGU Rookie Card, and expecting the European FAs the Oilers signed (Nygard, Perrson, Haas) will crack the line up, and get cardboard at somepoint.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I'm hoping the'll get into another product still (is The Cup the only one left??).

Clear Cut should be 18-19 still released this month

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Jordan Binnington is on my radar to see if his RC's fall to a more realistic price.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Jordan Binnington is on my radar to see if his RC's fall to a more realistic price.

Maybe not right out of the gate, especially if the Blues start the year hot, but I defintely see Binnington's prices coming back down to earth eventually. Always happens.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers
    Instagram:

I'm very excited for the Rangers up and coming season. Looking forward to collecting Vitali Kravtsov really hard this season. Also very excited for Nikita Gusev I think he will have a mediate impact to the devils lineup. I just don't know if Vitali is signed with ud yet. And very excited for the Mark Stone Vegas cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hughes brothers will be interesting to follow...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hughes brothers will be interesting to follow...

Yea, I just pulled an UD MVP gold Quinn Hughes rookie sig, which I assume is a short print...... Nice pull, especially gold... I assume that paid for my blaster box alone.....

I got a really sweet box, I think I may go back and grab a few more, lol.....

Just about every "insert" was a hit, lol..

Nice card no doubt, I suppose UD should number their golds - in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast