Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

As a further example, when someone asks you what you collect, what do you say? Cards or photos?

Do you go to card shows or photo shows?

So why is it different when you go to the post office?

Isn't it awful realizing you're not as honest as you think you are?

Not at all. I just explained you that photos/documents can also be goods and in a much larger quantity than "hockey cards". When I was still an employee a decade ago, I used to mail brochures (with a lot of photos in it) to a large quantity of customers every year, to keep them updated with new products and other changes. It's not because it's a photo that it has "no value"

When you go to the post office and they ask you what you're sending are you saying "family photos with no value" and then another time "industrial photos that can be considered goods because somebody is paying for it"?

If there was a problem with me sending hockey cards as photos/documents, I think by the time at least one employee out of the vast number of offices I have been to (and thousands of envelopes I have sent) would have told me it was a problem, don't you think?

I filled a lot of custom forms and clearly specified "hockey cards" on it, and it still never changed anything.

And YET you still come up here on your mighty horse and higher ground morality laying judgment on me. I know enough about internet characters like you, so go ahead and judge me all you want, I know I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by Xspyrit; 09-15-2019 at 02:23 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not at all. I just explained you that photos/documents can also be goods and in a much larger quantity than "hockey cards". When I was still an employee a decade ago, I used to mail brochures (with a lot of photos in it) to a large quantity of customers every year, to keep them updated with new products and other changes. It's not because it's a photo that it has "no value"

When you go to the post office and they ask you what you're sending are you saying "family photos with no value" and then another time "industrial photos that can be considered goods because somebody is paying for it"?

If there was a problem with me sending hockey cards as photos/documents, I think by the time at least one employee out of the vast number of offices I have been to (and thousands of envelopes I have sent) would have told me it was a problem, don't you think?

I filled a lot of custom forms and clearly specified "hockey cards" on it, and it still never changed anything.

And YET you still come up here on your mighty horse and higher ground morality laying judgment on me. I know enough about internet characters like you, so go ahead and judge me all you want, I know I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

I send cards all the time as "photos" rather than hockey cards, and I think it's dishonest. Personally, I'd rather save a few bucks than care about what the post office thinks of my morality.

I just thought it was funny how on another page you went on this long spiel about your morals and ethics being top notch, when clearly they're not lol. And the lengths you go to defend it makes it even more hilarious. Just admit that you're like everyone else and you will occasionally say something dishonest, deceptive, or deceitful to give yourself an advantage in some way (in this case, not paying as much postage as you technically should be paying)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

I send cards all the time as "photos" rather than hockey cards, and I think it's dishonest. Personally, I'd rather save a few bucks than care about what the post office thinks of my morality.

I just thought it was funny how on another page you went on this long spiel about your morals and ethics being top notch, when clearly they're not lol. And the lengths you go to defend it makes it even more hilarious. Just admit that you're like everyone else and you will occasionally say something dishonest, deceptive, or deceitful to give yourself an advantage in some way (in this case, not paying as much postage as you technically should be paying)

A long spiel? lol just a few sentences explaining how it's clearly not part of my values to fraud SO if it was "illegal" to send cards as documents/photos, I wouldn't do it. I was NOT speaking to you by the way so I have no idea how you felt that you'd have the right to lay your stupid judgments on me.

I guess we have to repeat because you seem a little slow :

CANADA POST EMPLOYEES NEVER SAID ANYTHING WHEN I SENT HOCKEY CARDS AS PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS. I CLEARLY STATED THAT I HAVE WRITTEN "HOCKEY CARDS" DIRECTLY ON THE CUSTOM FORM MANY TIMES BEFORE AND IT NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING"

If there was a problem, why none of the 100s of CP employees I have dealt with ever said anything about a surcharge? 80% of my shipments are within Canada. And CP's employees also told me to not fill any custom form when I just ship an envelope outside of Canada so basically it only applies for packages where I will CONTINUE to write "Hockey cards" in the custom form... Like I said earlier in this thread, a few months ago I paid 83$ of shipping to make a trade with Reborn in Sweden and yes the custom form showed "hockey cards". Does it still look like I have a problem paying the bill if I have to?

By the way, the start of the conversation was shipping from the US to Canada as it seems to be more of a problem for Americans than Canadians, which is why Maggot and I were talking about it. I LIVE IN CANADA, IT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME. ACCORDING TO CP EMPLOYEES THEMSELVES AND EVEN WHEN I CALLED THE 1-800 NUMBER TO SPECIFICALLY ASK ABOUT THAT, YOU DON'T NEED TO FILL CUSTOM FORMS WHEN YOU ONLY SEND ENVELOPES (IT'S AN OVERSIZED LETTER FOR THEM) SO THE CUSTOM FORM ONLY APPLIES TO PACKAGES. WHEN I SEND PACKAGES, I ALWAYS WRITE "HOCKEY CARDS". I USED TO FILL CUSTOM FORMS FOR EVERY ENVELOPE TO THE US WITH "HOCKEY CARDS" SHOWING ON IT, ALWAYS PAID THE BILL THAT THE CASHIER GAVE ME, WHICH WAS THE SAME AS IT IS NOW (ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THE STAMP PRICE RAISES).

Is it clear enough now Mr. IMP?

So again, I am sorry to ruin your little investigation but I don't have to admit anything (maybe you just can't read?). I don't need to give myself those advantages, I am already spoiled by life enough. If you're weak and need to do those shady things to survive, it's your choice but I don't really care. Actually I care a lot about people and go out of my way to help them, but your kind, not really interested.

So if you're done with your lame accusations, we don't really need your reply as everything is really well explained here, or maybe you still don't get it?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

By the way, the start of the conversation was shipping from the US to Canada as it seems to be more of a problem for Americans than Canadians, which is why Maggot and I were talking about it. I LIVE IN CANADA, IT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME. ACCORDING TO CP EMPLOYEES THEMSELVES AND EVEN WHEN I CALLED THE 1-800 NUMBER TO SPECIFICALLY ASK ABOUT THAT, YOU DON'T NEED TO FILL CUSTOM FORMS WHEN YOU ONLY SEND ENVELOPES (IT'S AN OVERSIZED LETTER FOR THEM) SO THE CUSTOM FORM ONLY APPLIES TO PACKAGES. WHEN I SEND PACKAGES, I ALWAYS WRITE "HOCKEY CARDS". I USED TO FILL CUSTOM FORMS FOR EVERY ENVELOPE TO THE US WITH "HOCKEY CARDS" SHOWING ON IT, ALWAYS PAID THE BILL THAT THE CASHIER GAVE ME, WHICH WAS THE SAME AS IT IS NOW (ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THE STAMP PRICE RAISES).

Some clerks in post offices are asking what is inside the bubble-mailers going outside of Canada, and if you say something else that paper/documents, they ask you to ship as a parcel with the big price and the customs form. Over 10$ for a couple of cards in toploaders.
    From clerk to clerk, you don't get the same opinion (and the same price) on this.
    You're lucky to have a post office with friendly clerks.

With a scale and stamps and going to the red boxes, I don't have to wait in a line and to reply to questions, and my cards get to destination for about 3$ instead of 10+$ if I'm not lucky on the clerk of the day
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

Some clerks in post offices are asking what is inside the bubble-mailers going outside of Canada, and if you say something else that paper/documents, they ask you to ship as a parcel with the big price and the customs form. Over 10$ for a couple of cards in toploaders.
    From clerk to clerk, you don't get the same opinion (and the same price) on this.
    You're lucky to have a post office with friendly clerks.

With a scale and stamps and going to the red boxes, I don't have to wait in a line and to reply to questions, and my cards get to destination for about 3$ instead of 10+$ if I'm not lucky on the clerk of the day

I don't know if it changed because like I said, I didn't ship for more than 5 years prior to 2019, but they never asked me to do that even if I always said "hockey cards", and I used to go in many different post offices. Now it's true that I almost always go to the same place and again, the employees there never told me anything about that. Since I read it was a problem for some people when shipping internationally, I specifically called the 1-800 number for that and the guy told me that I didn't need to fill custom forms for letters and oversized letters (which is what a bubble mailer is for them), but if I had to send a package, just write "photos/documents" or hockey cards" and it wouldn't matter. Like I said, I still write "hockey cards" when I'm sending a package and it doesn't seem like there is a surcharge anywhere on the bill.

Anyway, in the end a sport card is piece of cardboard with a photo so while it can be considered a good, photos/documents are too more often than not, since it is either commercial/industrial, professional documents (lawyer, realtor, etc), work of art or even collectibles so I don't see why photos/documents would get free pass and not hockey cards. I'm not there to do their job but it seems that there's a difference of interpretation at least. CP probably just doesn't care though because it has such little value most of the time and when it does (high end cards), then you send as a package with tracking anyway, so in the end, no biggie.

I mostly always drop my envelopes at the CP office to be sure it's not too heavy vs the stamps I put or too thick to pass in their mailbox slot. If not, I just send as a package, but it's getting rare anyways as most Ebay sales is for 1-4 cards and trades are harder to come by (point of this thread), particularly when it's big enough to require a package.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure but I think this thread went off-topic in a Hurry :P

SCF Rewards
    Country

A long spiel? lol just a few sentences explaining how it's clearly not part of my values to fraud SO if it was "illegal" to send cards as documents/photos, I wouldn't do it. I was NOT speaking to you by the way so I have no idea how you felt that you'd have the right to lay your stupid judgments on me.

I guess we have to repeat because you seem a little slow :

CANADA POST EMPLOYEES NEVER SAID ANYTHING WHEN I SENT HOCKEY CARDS AS PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS. I CLEARLY STATED THAT I HAVE WRITTEN "HOCKEY CARDS" DIRECTLY ON THE CUSTOM FORM MANY TIMES BEFORE AND IT NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING"

If there was a problem, why none of the 100s of CP employees I have dealt with ever said anything about a surcharge? 80% of my shipments are within Canada. And CP's employees also told me to not fill any custom form when I just ship an envelope outside of Canada so basically it only applies for packages where I will CONTINUE to write "Hockey cards" in the custom form... Like I said earlier in this thread, a few months ago I paid 83$ of shipping to make a trade with Reborn in Sweden and yes the custom form showed "hockey cards". Does it still look like I have a problem paying the bill if I have to?

Is it clear enough now Mr. IMP?

So again, I am sorry to ruin your little investigation but I don't have to admit anything (maybe you just can't read?). I don't need to give myself those advantages, I am already spoiled by life enough. If you're weak and need to do those shady things to survive, it's your choice but I don't really care. Actually I care a lot about people and go out of my way to help them, but your kind, not really interested.

So if you're done with your lame accusations, we don't really need your reply as everything is really well explained here, or maybe you still don't get it?

Yikes, for someone with a ton of integrity who always goes out of his way to help others, you sure do a lot of name-calling. Stupid, slow, imp, weak, lame, etc.

If you're not doing anything wrong, why are you getting defensive enough to post a full paragraph in caps? I feel like it's been well established that being dishonest about what you're sending, while technically not fraud, is still dishonest.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

Yikes, for someone with a ton of integrity who always goes out of his way to help others, you sure do a lot of name-calling. Stupid, slow, imp, weak, lame, etc.

If you're not doing anything wrong, why are you getting defensive enough to post a full paragraph in caps? I feel like it's been well established that being dishonest about what you're sending, while technically not fraud, is still dishonest.

lol now the person who started the fire is complaining about name calling (by the way, IMP was Internet Morality Police)

Dude, you came to this friendly thread being judgmental and calling me dishonest just after I have talked about taking pride in being honest; you're only getting what you deserve. Then in other replies, I even explained how exactly I am NOT doing what you are accusing me to do (I do write "hockey cards" on my custom forms, can't even read on top of everything?) and YET you keep calling me dishonest.

So yes I do care a lot about people, but frankly your "type" not that much.

Note : Even if I defended myself from your attacks and accusations, the caps used were really not about being defensive but was more to make it easy for the slow minded, and guess what? It seems like you still don't get it based on your last sentence, so I am sorry but YES you are slow, judgmental and you've been stirring the pot trying to piss me off from the beginning. Just stop talking to me, you're a pure waste of time.
    Last edited by Xspyrit; 09-16-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And we're done. Fun topic while it lasted!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567