Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about indicating in your thread that you are looking for the best offer. No confusion there.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is where you and I differ. I don't throw that toploader out, it goes into my "trading" toploaders (unless it's absolutely horrid, then it gets thrown out). The way I see it, I'm trading for the cards. The toploader's only job is to get the card to me safely, nothing more. I have brand new toploaders for my PC, and a lot of them go into binders as well. Basically, I don't trade for the toploader.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to toss out one that is still half-decent and has just a small amount of tape residue on it. But I've received some truly gruesome loaders in my day, ones that get stuck together because there's been so much tape on them, that kind of thing. But again, to each their own when it comes to standards & practices.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to toss out one that is still half-decent and has just a small amount of tape residue on it. But I've received some truly gruesome loaders in my day, ones that get stuck together because there's been so much tape on them, that kind of thing. But again, to each their own when it comes to standards & practices.

For sure. I have thrown some out, but the vast majority get sent out in trades. I try to make it easy as possible to remove the actual product, that being the card, and that's all I expect in return.

As to the multiple offers question, a slight mix. I go through them first come first serve, but I take the offer I like best. All things being equal, I'll give it to the first person. But if I have one offer that is significantly higher than the other, I'm not going to short sell myself because "he saw it first." That's one of the perks to selling online. It's not time dependant. In life, you might take that first, worse deal without ever hearing the better one.
    That said once a deal is agreed to, that's it. Even if it isn't finalized yet and I get a better offer, too bad for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hate receiving damaged cards without any warning. I've been honest on this site almost to a fault, I've received cards in trade that aren't mint, and than tried re-trading them, informed the other trader of the damage, taken pictures and than had the other trader back out because of the damage. It's frustrating because I didn't receive that option, and because I'm honest and didn't try to saddle someone else with my garbage, I'm left with what's basically an untradeable card. If your card has imperfections, dings, whatever tell me about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A recent issue has arisen in trading negotiations with another gentleman here on SCF which caused me to wonder how the rest of the community works trades.

When you advertise a card/cards for trade and you receive multiple offers with multiple trade lists how do you manage the incoming offers?:

A. First come first serve and you close off each offer before moving to the next.

Or

B. Manage them like resumes - Gather and evaluate them all at once and pursue the best offers.

Or

C. Some other way

Thanks for the input.

I'd go with B, as long as you aren't backing out of trades to go for better offers or using offers against the trader :ie trader A offered me this package, can you beat it, you aren't doing anything wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd go with B, as long as you aren't backing out of trades to go for better offers or using offers against the trader :ie trader A offered me this package, can you beat it, you aren't doing anything wrong.

The trader in question did not say he was looking for the best offer. So would you say it is still okay for him to ask another trader to assemble a list of the traders he is looking for and then after all their effort tell them that you are going to have to pass because someone else has subsequently come along with other cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The trader in question did not say he was looking for the best offer. So would you say it is still okay for him to ask another trader to assemble a list of the traders he is looking for and then after all their effort tell them that you are going to have to pass because someone else has subsequently come along with other cards.

That's obviously not what I said, theres nothing wrong with gathering a few offers before deciding what your best move is. But if your going to keep gathering lists and keep reposting your wants until your satisfied, I don't like that. But honestly this has become alittle confusing, somethings been lost in translation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A recent issue has arisen in trading negotiations with another gentleman here on SCF which caused me to wonder how the rest of the community works trades.

When you advertise a card/cards for trade and you receive multiple offers with multiple trade lists how do you manage the incoming offers?:

A. First come first serve and you close off each offer before moving to the next.

Or

B. Manage them like resumes - Gather and evaluate them all at once and pursue the best offers.

Or

C. Some other way

Thanks for the input.

That's obviously not what I said, theres nothing wrong with gathering a few offers before deciding what your best move is. But if your going to keep gathering lists and keep reposting your wants until your satisfied, I don't like that. But honestly this has become alittle confusing, somethings been lost in translation.

This is an interesting one.

Definitely requires some tact. I agree with B as well but bumping threads can be rude when cards are in negotiations. Communication is key. I would feel better if I knew that the trader is "still weighing options". Good traders do understand, but please get back to me and keep me informed.

When last year's Titanium jersey-numbered RCs came out they were all the buzz and I negotiated a really bad trade which made me rethink the way I handle this bc I took the first offer to come my way and worked out a tentative agreement without weighing other options.
    Last edited by gfel2795; 02-19-2013 at 01:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

"CMB" might as well stand for "open a new tab & look elsewhere"

Also people that take longer than a week to send cards without telling the other party can grind your gears. Its a hobby, I'm not going to get upset if you write & tell me something came up... but when cards take a month to arrive and there is no communication until after the fact - that is a surefire way to get on the "never again" list

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country
    See ultimatehockeyfan's Items on eBay

"CMB" might as well stand for "open a new tab & look elsewhere"

Also people that take longer than a week to send cards without telling the other party can grind your gears. Its a hobby, I'm not going to get upset if you write & tell me something came up... but when cards take a month to arrive and there is no communication until after the fact - that is a surefire way to get on the "never again" list

Agreed. Communication is key and stuff obviously comes before hockey cards, as long as the person lets me know instead of me having to PM that person asking where the package is and hearing "I shipped a week or 2 late".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234