Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Day

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Couple more for the 1986 Topps Bears Team set arrived today. One is a PSA 7 Scoring League Leaders Kevin Butler, no sense in showing that one off. Hopefully it’s just a place holder/filler for the time being.

The Punky QB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@FireRob

I look forward to your photos! And If I ever see a PSA 10 Cowboy for .99, I'll buy it, even if I had 10 already. Great pick up. I'm going to post a few that came in recently. I also started a New Showcase "The POP 1 Collection". It's any Cowboy card I own that is a Pop 1 and the highest graded. It has over 135 cards in it...for now. LOL I'll post some stuff later!!!!!

I did upgrades to my 1960, 1961, 1962, 1975, and 1976 Topps Cowboys Team Sets. Added cards to the Dallas Cowboys Team Sets for 1989 Pro Set, 1990 Pro Set, 1990 Score, 1991 Score, 1991 Topps, 1992 Topps, 1992 Upper Deck, 1993 Topps, 2009 Topps, 2013 Topps and other sets, players and randoms as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Upgrade from PSA 6 to PSA 7 1962 Topps

2007 Sp Rookie Signing Day Matt Moore PSA 10

Here are a few 1991 Topps Cowboys

1989 Pro Set Jeffcoat PSA 10

1981 Cowboys Police Butch Johnson PSA 10

More to follow.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great idea on the Showcase. I have put several together and that’s a fun thing to do.
    One I recently started is the jersey numbers retired by the Bears. It’s not much different than a smaller version of the HOF Bears sets but a couple that aren’t in the HOF. Plus if I can find anything graded of say Bronko Nagurski I’ll add that to my showcase because I’ll never afford a 1935 National Chicle. And there are a few guys who don’t have actual rookie cards or any card from their playing days so I’m looking for the 1974 Fleer Immortals cards to submit and eventually add to this Showcase.

You have way more “single highest graded” cards than I do. If I had to guess I have 3 or 4. Definitely less than 10.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

I just broke the 1000 carded card barrier...... Should be in the SCF Dallas Cowboys Collector's Hall of Fame, lol

Here are a few more:

1975 Topps Lee Roy Jordan upgrade from PSA 8 to PSA 9

1976 Topps Checklist upgrade PSA 8 to PSA 9 Only 3 higher!!!!!

1979 Topps Butch Johnson PSA 9

1979 Topps NFC Championship PSA 9

Some 1990 Score Cowboys

MORE TOO FOLLOW. USPS has been pretty busy!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice! You got some good upgrades.

Some rambling on the topic of upgrading cards.

I have found my self recently upgrading cards. Mixed emotions or frustrating not sure which or both is more accurate. On one hand of course I am glad for the upgrade. On the other it makes me kick my self for not getting a better card in the first place. Maybe I didn’t have the money at the time or maybe I didn’t think I would find one. Then I think I could have spent that money on a card I didn’t have yet. Also on the plus side is now I have one to sell or trade at some point. Assuming I don’t loose my @$$ because I over paid or the market suddenly crashes or returns to pre-covid. On occasion I tend pay a little more than I should because I’m buying for a collection I enjoy not to make money.
    Prime example is a recent graded 7 card I got simply to fill a spot in a registry check list. I know I will one day find a higher grade and get it. Why did I waste $10-$15 on that 7??? That’s one that I can’t make my money back on or even break even. Sure I can sell it for $10 to the right buyer which is what I payed but add in the shipping and taxes I paid and that card cost me $15 and I can’t get that back. END of my rambling

Side note. Last couple days I have made some strange purchases that will really “diversify” (as you said) my collection. I’ll post when they arrive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh, CONGRATS on the 1k graded Cowboy cards!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Amazing Rich, 1000 Graded Cowboys. Love seeing the graded cards from Rob and you! Always thanks for sharing!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

And the Hits keep coming: some more POP 1, upgrades or just plain old additions.

1990 Pro Set CHarles Haley (mis-labeled by the way) This card had two versions. It was an error on the back. The first had his fumble recoveries in 1986 as "2" and the Total for his career at that point as "5". The other has "1" fumble recovery in 1986 and "4" total. This is the 1 and 4 error.

Here is a Russell Maryland just back from PSA for a label correction. Again 2 versions of the card (although the pop report shows three)

1960 Topps L.G. Dupre (Upgrade from a 7 to 8) The line across the card is actually a plastic bag the card is in. Looks bad though

1961 Topps L.G. Dupre (Upgrade from a PSA 7 to PSA 8)

Set Addition......2013 Topps DeMarco Murray PSA 10

More later

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of those odd cards to add “diversity”
    Actually goes to a “Sampler” set I am working on and was the highest grade with in my budget of what I was willing to spend on a card and of a player I have no interest in other than for a set registry. On that note I did find a TCU player (that I never heard of) that was cheaper but much lower grade and a Daryle Royal (played for OU but coached Texas to a National Championship) that was way more expensive and also a lot higher grade but no way I was spending that much.

I have heard/knew of/about these Felt Backs for a while but never seen one in person until today. Tiny little things.

The back little more close up

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast