Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expo show and tell

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Expo show and tell

Had another great expo, for my PC wise this has been one of the best i the past 5 years or so. Not needing many Ryan cards when I can add the amount as I did bellow it is a huge success. Took the whole family and got there right at opening Friday. Wife came in which hasnt happened since i took her 13 years ago for the first time. Three kids spent the first 3 hours with me before they were to head off to the hotel for a swim. To my surprise my 12 year old son, who has lost all interest in hockey, asked if he could stay with me which was awesome. The two of us hung out till close and it was truly a great time. Next day was just me and my 8 year old hockey loving son, and his enthusiasm for hockey always makes the show that more special. He always knows the right things to say when talking to people which generally means he comes away with all sorts of goodies. Anyways onto the show, ignore any sticker prices its rare to pay sticker at the expo :)

Some OPC stickers from Norm (trekrun) at a steal a price, such a great guy to deal with. Couple roy rookie year 3 gretzky's and a couple lemieux 2nd year.......down to 15 left to finish all 9 books from the 80's

Next my side PC, I have just under 1200 different gretzky's which is pretty much equal to my main PC. The 80-81 topps finished the complete run of OPC/Topps base cards from the 80's so it was nice to finally grab one at a decent price. I started collecting suzuki a couple of years ago, but wisely decided not to chase him the way I do Ryan......so just base cards and inserts of him to save on the wallet.

My master set was finished a while ago but being the super nice guy I am I took wants lists from several local collectors with me :)

I had read that Denis Chasse would be working one of the booths so I took 3 cards so my kids could each get one signed......he was really awesome and told us no one ever asks for his autograph anymore so he pulled out some cards he had as well and signed them too

this is my haul from the vip rewards point auction that @scottkoz20 was kind enough to bring up to me, will take some time to sort but after I pull PC cards there should still be lots for sale/trade

My other,other, other PC is 80's baseball, paid $3 total for these 2 cards which was a no brainer

wife and kids did the scavenger hunt friday and then Roger again Sat.....will look great framed in his room

@frankiefives is always a huge help especially with new products, he had the OPC and artifacts for me (opc base as well but I forgot to include it in the picture) always happy when dealing with him. Got the base free out of a "help your self" box and added the jersey along the way. The bottom right card actually came in the mail a couple days before expo. It is very rare to find previous years cards since I need so little, and they are all short prints. I figured that even if I didnt come across a big find at the show I would still be happy with adding this one. Then within the first hour of being there Friday I saw the cup patch auto. I sat there and stared at it for prob 5 minutes, contemplating the best way to negotiate with the dealer. I walked away fairly confident that the card would be there when ever I decided to return, which was about 3 minutes. Started up a conversation, talked some hockey then began the process. Made an offer, he countered. He asked if I collected sens and I told him about my Ryan PC. He agreed on my first offer we shook hands I thanked him 5 times and boom the PC grows.

@mq13 brought cards for all three of my kids from their favorite teams (sens :) and leafs :( ) if your seeing this thanks again pal they loved them even though roger was more into his candy at the time. I didnt get a pic as they were already into them when we got home.

Roger took part in the ultra pro kids break. We had done it in the spring and they do a great job, really looking after and spoiling the kids. Forgot to take pics but he came away with another great haul. Which brings us to the final event before going home, the ebay 16 and under case break of series 1. 31 kids signed up and were randomly assigned teams. Roger got Montreal and while not a fan of the team, this is the team we wanted as we really wanted to add a Suzuki canvas. The guys from dolly's ran the break and they were awesome the kids were having a blast and getting so excited when one of their cards was pulled. took place on the main stage and they had 2 video feeds up for the kids to watch. Roger didnt hit suzuki but still did great:

Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome trip by the sounds of it. Congrats on picking up some nice items and getting you family to join you for the Expo!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I don't think they have a winner yet. Send ud a roy selfie!

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@sparty07 is this twitter

SCF Rewards
    Country

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@sparty07 thanks i think i did it right not a twitter expert

SCF Rewards
    Country

good luck

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I love these Roy retro inserts in UD1 :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome pick ups congrats

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great job, sounds like to Expo is a blast as always. Congrats on those huge Bobby Ryan pickups. That Panini Prime Patch /2 is outstanding!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast