Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photo deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photo's deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photo's deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photo's deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Photo's deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See lzjp16's Items on eBay

That old school leather helmet is sweet. Can't make out the sig though, who is it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

That old school leather helmet is sweet. Can't make out the sig though, who is it?

Ace Parker

Member of the NFL and College Football HOF and played short stop for the Athletics for a short time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Easily my favorite thread on this board. Incredible stuff. I'd love to get a look at how you display it all!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ace Parker

Member of the NFL and College Football HOF and played short stop for the Athletics for a short time.

Thanks, you beat me to it. I had never heard of Mr. Parker before.

Here is a bit of info on Mr. Parker:

His actual name is Clarence "Ace" Parker
    Born in Norfolk, Virginia.
    He was a an All-American tailback at Duke.
    105 yard kickoff return against NC which is still a Duke record.
    He played both professional baseball and professional football in 1937 and 1938.
    After his career ended he was the head baseball coach (1953-1966) and assistant football coach (1947-1965) at Duke.
    He celebrated his 101st birthday May 17th and is the oldest living former professional football player and second oldest living baseball player with Connie Marrero being the oldest by one year and 22 days. I think of Bobby Doerr and Monte Irvin as being old but they rank 12th and 16th respectively.
    I'm unsure but would really like to know how he got his nickname.

A photo of good ole Ace

A couple of photo's deleted.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:15 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Easily my favorite thread on this board. Incredible stuff. I'd love to get a look at how you display it all!

Thank you, I really appreciate it. This will be the last basketball I will probably own unless another MJ/Lebron is in the making.

Photo deleted.

Most of the stuff is put away in the dark until I figure exactly how I'm going to arrange it. When we moved a year and a half ago my wife and I had two list's, things we had to have and things we would like to have. I got my pond stocked with bass but I did not get a huge room for the man cave. My wife wanted a lot of room for a garden. She has a lot of room but the property is severely sloped so raised beds are probably going to be the only option. I had my baseballs in uv protected cubes but I need that space for boxing glove and basketball display cases. I had to buy an end table and a coffee table to put the baseballs in. I have very little wall space so my wife bought me a standing display custom made for my 16x20's. It's like the poster displays you see stores except it's made to fit 16x20's. It has 45 panels which you can put one in front and one in back for a total of 90. I've got to order another one since my 90 limit has passed.

Thanks again.

...Rick

EDIT: You probably know but I do not add everything that comes in to this thread because it would be much larger and take too long for all the pictures to show. All of the additions would be in the PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection in my signature.
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-02-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast