Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2019-20 SCF Regular Season Fantasy Pool

The SCF Regular Season Fantasy Pool is back for another season! We are very excited to get the 2019-20 season rolling with this always-popular contest.

Here’s what you need to know to enter:

The league(s) will take place on ESPN.com Fantasy Hockey. If you do not have an account there, register now: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/hockey/

There will be 12 teams per league, and we will have two leagues this year. Administrators will be @RGM81, @30ranfordfan

The format will be head-to-head which means that every week you will compete with another member of your league pitting your roster against theirs in 14 scoring categories:

Skaters: Goals, Assists, +/-, Penalty Minutes, Shots on Goal, Hits, Blocked Shots, and Special Teams Points.
    Goalies: Win, Loss, Shutout, Overtime Loss, Goals Against Average, and Save Percentage

At the end of each week, you will receive wins, losses and ties depending on the scoring and the top 8 teams of each league will take part in the playoffs--head-to-head matchups in the playoffs will be for 2 weeks each round. At the end of the playoffs, the winners will be crowned!

The leagues will start with a fantasy draft (date and time of each league’s draft TBD) during which each team will have to select a 23 player roster. You will need to select at least 4 centres, 4 right wings, 4 left wings, 6 defensemen, 2 goaltenders and 3 reserves (it’s up to you which positions your reserves play).

- Since a fantasy league aims to offer a realistic experience, EVERYONE must have at least 6 defencemen on their roster at all times. You cannot only select 4 d-men for instance and load up on forwards to score more points. The league manager will make periodic checks to ensure that everyone complies with this rule, if you fail to do so, you will be DISQUALIFIED;

- There will be 3 injured reserved (IR) spots on your team meaning that if one of your players is injured long term (as determined by the ESPN League settings; we do not control this), you can move him to IR and pick a replacement on the waiver wire. Remember though, if a d-man gets injured and that brings your roster to less than 6 d-men you MUST replace him by another blue liner or go without a replacement.

-Please be aware that to receive credit for the goalie categories, your goalies must have started at least 2 games during the match-up. This is to avoid people getting a shutout and benching their goaltenders for the rest of the week to win 3 categories easily.

- To prevent people picking up free agents excessively, there will be a maximum of 3 free agents acquisition per weekly matchup;

- It will be a snake draft so if you select 1st in the first round, you will select 12th in the second round. The draft order will be auto generated by ESPN.

- During the draft (dates TBD), you will have 60 seconds to make each pick. If you cannot attend the draft, please put the auto-pick on so that people do not have to wait the full 60 seconds for each of your picks;

To sign up, please post in this thread saying you are in. We will randomly assign members to the 2 leagues and notify you accordingly in a post on this thread Then, send @RGM81 or @30ranfordfan a private message telling us the email address you used to sign-up on ESPN so that we can send you the invite for the applicable league.

During the season, each league will have its own discussion thread posted to allow for (respectful) trash talk and so that fantasy league rookies may ask any question they may have and veterans may assist.

Entry period now closed. Members will be randomly assigned to a league. Once we fill them up we will work on scheduling draft time. We want to ensure that all participants will remain active throughout the season. Please don't sign up and take a roster spot if you aren't going to commit the time necessary to compete in this type of fantasy league.

Best of luck to all and do not delay signing up to ensure you do not miss out!

Oh, I didn't mention prizes. Get ready for that. Past participants know what to expect. :)

Entrants

SCF Western Conference
    @RGM81
    @Pheebs888 @sports4-ever @pwskelly @geschrocks33 @mq13 @chihawk19 @Stephler4 @johnse27 @jverreault @TheLastOlympian07 @typierre75

SCF Eastern Conference @30ranfordfan @GamerRoy @bhawk3 @sparty07 @DadOfNate @brosal04 @zunato @cjs-sportscards @HabsFan17 @opulent jupiter @jsokol1626
    @shockwiresports

Last edited by RGM81; 09-23-2019 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Players Assigned
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Yeah! I am!

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I'm in, thanks Richard.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions
    See opulent_jupiter's Items on eBay

Me!!!
    Click Here for my Complete Inventory: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I am in. But I'd like to see at least 3 starts from a goalie personally. This would make it hard to only rely upon one goalie to do the heavy lifting as few teams play 3 games a week starting the same goalie.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs

Love to!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sign me up!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just want to mention something about this rule:

-Please be aware that to receive credit for the goalie categories, your goalies must have started at least 2 games during the match-up. This is to avoid people getting a shutout and benching their goaltenders for the rest of the week to win 3 categories easily.

I think it was our SCF pools in the past, where this rule got scrapped at the last minute - because we realized that short weeks (i.e. first week of the season) you kinda get killed here. There isn't always enough games to guarantee you get the minimum even available to you.

Personally, I'm fine with that - and if luck of the draw means I lose some goalie categories during the first week, last week, or around the all-star break... so be it. I'm fine if it's a minimum 2 start, but I'm with @sparty07 and would actually prefer to see it moved up to 3.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm in, thank you

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast