Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A pair of long-forgotten 1937 hockey movies to add to any fan's must-see list

If you’re a hockey fan, it follows that you also watch hockey films, and that you also wish there were more quality films with hockey at their core. The brawl-tastic Slap Shot (1977) is a de rigueur hockey cinema citation, ditto 2004’s soul-enlivening Miracle. If you ever went to hockey camp sometime in the years before those two films you probably watched a lot of Youngblood, which is so very 1980s, and kind of like a steamier, romance novel version of Slap Shot with a dude doing something on a penalty shot that I’m pretty sure has to be a giant rules violation but is kept in for dramatic purposes anyway.
    https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/04/14/ho...wds-game-kills

SCF Rewards
    Country

First of all, I want to thank Doniceage for all the neat things he finds and posts!! Thank you!! and second ..is there any nudity in these films? If so where? .... lol!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

First of all, I want to thank Doniceage for all the neat things he finds and posts!! Thank you!! and second ..is there any nudity in these films? If so where? .... lol!!

Thanks for the props.

P.S. If you ever find a place to watch those movie. Can add it to my long list of movies to watch on the binge list.
    @cardboardkid

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, all serious now, Idol of the crowds, I believe I've seen bits and pieces of over the years.. but never a complete copy. Did this not, actually have the New York Americans team in it? If I ever am able to find a complete copy of this, I certainly will pass it on!