Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You should do something about those submissions which are in "Pending" status for years.
    Maybe send some system message about asking what's up with that, otherwise put those into "Failure" but don't leave hanging.

It is not right to assume that it was a failure, just because a member did not update his/her submission with either a success or failure! I am sure that I am not the only one who has placed a sent out log into the system and drifted away from the hobby and stopped logging results!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Looks great! Keep up the good work guys.
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Great job! Like the top 25 lists! It would be awesome to be able to adjust that list for a time period say the last year, 6 months, month in order to get a better idea of who is a popular signer currently as habits do change. I love the RIP changes! There are certain players who only sign with a fee and it would be nice to add a $ sign to their name in the listing. Guys for instance like Steve Carlton. I could see why someone would pay his fee to complete an item as he is a HOF, but letting them quickly know that it has a cost. All in all you did a wonderful job making the TTMM even better! Thank you and the whole SCF staff!

@indyreds

I added the possibility for the sports to query last year, last six months and last three months. Once you are on the page you will see the links on top.
    Racing all time
    Racing past year
    Racing past six months
    Racing past three months

As for the $, this is not something I can do purely from code as I do not have the information to do it. This is something were I could code something similar to when a player is dead. Mainly members report it and the staff can decide to set it with a dollars sign or not. I could automated it via a TRUE or FALSE field like I did for R.I.P. but this is something you need to take to the TTM team and if they ever request to me to add this feature then I will. But you need a human eye to read the comment and figure if it worth adding it or not.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Looks good, great job guys!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Looks great! Here are a few more ideas:

Would it be possible to link players to another site which contains information about them, such as baseball-reference.com or MLB.com and the equivalent for other sports? And then, using that, could you build in the ability to search based on player characteristics? For example, limit your search to active players, pitchers, players who played at least 5 years in the majors, players who played for a certain team, etc.? This would be nice for people who collect a certain team or era. I'm mainly interested in active players and I would love a filter for that.

Also, would it be possible to make an icon for players who are nearly automatic signers? I'm thinking it could be applied to anyone with over 90% success and at least 1 success in the past year. That way you could quickly see that someone always signs when searching. Likewise, there could be a longshot icon for someone with less than 20% success with at least a certain number of requests.

The green, gold, and red star system seems nice but seems to pick up recent failures as well. For example, it says Davante Adams has a success within 30 days yet he has none at all.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Looks great! Here are a few more ideas:

Would it be possible to link players to another site which contains information about them, such as baseball-reference.com or MLB.com and the equivalent for other sports? And then, using that, could you build in the ability to search based on player characteristics? For example, limit your search to active players, pitchers, players who played at least 5 years in the majors, players who played for a certain team, etc.? This would be nice for people who collect a certain team or era. I'm mainly interested in active players and I would love a filter for that.

Also, would it be possible to make an icon for players who are nearly automatic signers? I'm thinking it could be applied to anyone with over 90% success and at least 1 success in the past year. That way you could quickly see that someone always signs when searching. Likewise, there could be a longshot icon for someone with less than 20% success with at least a certain number of requests.

The green, gold, and red star system seems nice but seems to pick up recent failures as well. For example, it says Davante Adams has a success within 30 days yet he has none at all.

As for team, I already replied that it was not possible. Players stats is the same thing. We do not have those data here on SCF. Anything on other site, it's not possible because they hold any copyright and unless we would have a aggreement with them, i would never go down this road. Basically, as programmer I can only work with the data we have here on SCF. So, it's really up to members to build their own team list. Like the other day i search for a list of all players who plyed for the Packers and found it in a minute. Then you can set filter and pull your own alphabetic list. But as a programmer i can't automate these for you.

As for your second suggestion, i will look at it, along with the TTM team and see what they think. Today I added to the top 25 signers of each sports, a top 25 for the past year, the past 6 months and the past three months. So more info on good signers.

For your third, you mention a negative. I still have to review this section as i know I have a flaw and i need to reset this new field I added to follow the latest success as when I ran the routine, the code was not perfect and some error may have slip in. But it's easy to reset and recalculate the latest success date, once i know the flaw is covered. I will get on it tomorow.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

As for team, I already replied that it was not possible. Players stats is the same thing. We do not have those data here on SCF. Anything on other site, it's not possible because they hold any copyright and unless we would have a aggreement with them, i would never go down this road. Basically, as programmer I can only work with the data we have here on SCF. So, it's really up to members to build their own team list. Like the other day i search for a list of all players who plyed for the Packers and found it in a minute. Then you can set filter and pull your own alphabetic list. But as a programmer i can't automate these for you.

As for your second suggestion, i will look at it, along with the TTM team and see what they think. Today I added to the top 25 signers of each sports, a top 25 for the past year, the past 6 months and the past three months. So more info on good signers.

For your third, you mention a negative. I still have to review this section as i know I have a flaw and i need to reset this new field I added to follow the latest success as when I ran the routine, the code was not perfect and some error may have slip in. But it's easy to reset and recalculate the latest success date, once i know the flaw is covered. I will get on it tomorow.

How does setting the team filter work and how could the members go about adding in that information? I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how it works.

Thanks for looking at the other two.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

What I am saying is that we do not have this information in the TTMM database so I can't code a feature on team or player statistics. If you search via google Like this search I just did on Montreal canadiens:
    Complete list of players that played for Montreal Canadiens
    The first page give me :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...adiens_players

Now you have them listed per position and in alphabetic order. So you can then make your list and compare it to our player list and pick the one you want.
    Also those highlighted in light green appeared in a Canadiens game during the 2016–17 season While it does not take into account this season, it's pretty informative.

So it's really up to members to get their team list of player from such site.

As a programmer I can only work with data we store inside our database. I also have team coded in the inventory but never added a filter in the private member section to query cards (only in the public section) and it would not be accurate as we tag the actual card and not the players. Since a card can have up to eight player on them. A card may have up to eight team attach to it. I did consider at first to use it but the player table in the SCF Inventory and the player table from the TTM does differ way to much for me to match them. For example in the SCF Inventory, we use the player database to index players cards and it's not perfect as when we do have similar name, it's a issue since members want only one of the two players, since they only collect the main player and want accurate player's list.

Yet if you use a name that as more then one player, it either list all of the two player's cards or if a member request it, we exclude a player by time period when it's possible. But when we do this the older player (let's say it the one excluded) will not come up in a search when you use the player name in the player names field search unless you remove one letter from the name. Then the index do not kick in and all cards will show up.

This was done to make text search more precise for our members collecting certain players and also much faster as text search is always slow when you need to pull a big list. The more data we have then the more time it's take to pull a list. A player index make it much faster.

So because it does not allow multiple player with the same name in a given sport only, it would be hard to match the player from the TTMM and the ones in the SCF Inventory. Many player have added information in the player name like this:
    Adduci (born 1959), Jim and Adduci (born 1985), Jim

Also the other issue is that each table is on a different database so I can't link them in a single query. But I might be able to build something one day but that would be far from accurate. Maybe I can give it a try one day, I have a tendency to never give up LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

The TTM manager is what I use the most here so I'll be checking out the new version soon.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

I like it.

I run one of the top Baseball TTM pages on Facebook, and always recommend the address bank here to people, in addition to SCN. Good to see it being upgraded.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast