Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's Back!! The Return of Stupid Question Time!!!

Greetings fellow pucknuts! Found an anomaly, and I'm hoping someone can help figure this out. Looking @Iheartjacquie or maybe @piper1 but anybody who can help will earn my gratitude!
    Going through a large stack of cards that recently arrived in the mail, I discovered I was holding a 2002-03 Topps Total #30 Curtis Leschyshyn card. Normally not a big deal, but this is a Senators card, and will fit nicely into my PC. The problem is, according to the checklist both here, and at the big site that starts with a B, card number 30 should be Sami Salo! However, to confuse matters even more, while images of the Leschyshyn card can be found, the Salo does not seem to exist. After doing an extensive search, I further learned Salo had been traded to Vancouver prior to the 02-03 season, but he does not appear in a Canucks team set that is currently selling on eBay, nor does he appear in any images related to the Senators.
    My question therefore, is this. Does anybody actually have a 2002-03 Topps Total Sami Salo base card? Is it card #30, or #90 as another site suggests? I've got a Leschyshyn in my hands right now, but can't add it to my PC because the search comes back as a no results search.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett isn't always perfect but I can tell you what I think probably happened in this case. The original checklist that Topps produced for 02/03 Total and that Beckett likely used may have had Salo as number 30; however, the actual production, for reasons such as the trade you mentioned, wound up as Curtis instead. I seem to recall that there may have been others in that product as well. It is interesting that Beckett hasn't corrected that listing error to this date but you could be the one who brings it to their attention.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

@SenatorCollector I found this and it may or may not help : http://www.centericecollectibles.com...0Topps%20Total

he has card #30 listed as salo and has 8 copies listed for sale (no pics unfortunately) email him and ask about this card maybe he has 8 Leschyshyn's and doesnt know it??? His name is Dan and he is a great guy to deal with......if it the case where there is no salo and #30 is Leschyshyn it will be a quick fix for me in the IM I just want to do a little more digging first
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

im gonna switch this to a Curtis Leschyshyn card, everything I see tells me that is who the card is

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Iheartjacquie I searched both Salo and Leschyshyn for over an hour before starting this thread last night. I could only find Leschyshyn, including pics, but nothing on Salo. Thanks for helping fix this! Now, does anybody have a guess as to why Leschyshyn would be shown with the C on his jersey? Perhaps the image Topps used was from a pre season game? Don't think remember anyone but Alfie wearing the C, except maybe Redden or Phillips if Alfie was on IR

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

im gonna switch this to a Curtis Leschyshyn card, everything I see tells me that is who the card is

I do have this set, and I was the one that uploaded that image of Leschyshyn. Also card 90 is Claude Lemieux which I uploaded as well.

It would seem that Sami didn't get any love, and never appeared in this set. The only Salo in the set is Tommy at card 341.

As for your question Ron as to why he has the C on his jersey...

I had to do double check, and make sure the image wasn't that of Rob Zamuner who also wore #7.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do have this set, and I was the one that uploaded that image of Leschyshyn. Also card 90 is Claude Lemieux which I uploaded as well.

It would seem that Sami didn't get any love, and never appeared in this set. The only Salo in the set is Tommy at card 341.

As for your question Ron as to why he has the C on his jersey...

I had to do double check, and make sure the image wasn't that of Rob Zamuner who also wore #7.

I was actually thinking the image was from a pre season split squad game of some kind, most likely against the Leafs. They had to put the C on someone, and Leschyshyn being a veteran would have been logical. I'm pretty sure Zamuner was gone by the 02-03 season (Tampa, I believe ) Good eye on the jersey number BTW! Until you pointed it out, I barely noticed it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

And @Iheartjacquie I did find this link as well. Still no Salo, but like @Goose97 stated, Sami isn't in this set!

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewTea...rs?PageIndex=1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Send it in to Beckett to grade, see what they say about it. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Send it in to Beckett to grade, see what they say about it. ;)

That would be interesting, especially since Beckett's checklist for this set ALSO appears to be incorrect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast