Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

White House apologizes for undue alarm over Biden comments

White House apologizes for undue alarm over Biden comments

The White House apologized Thursday "if anybody was unduly alarmed" by Vice President Joe Biden's comments that seemed to suggest Americans should avoid air travel or confined spaces of any kind.

"What the vice president meant to say was the same thing that many members have said in the last few days," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said. "And that is, if you feel sick, are exhibiting flu-like symptoms….that you should take precautions, that you should limit your travel."

Here's what he said:

"I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not that you're going to Mexico, it's you're in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me.

"I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, (be) suggesting they ride the subway. … So from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing, if you're in a closed aircraft or closed container or closed car or closed classroom it's a different thing."

Full article

For as charming and charismatic as Obama is, Biden is exactly the opposite.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As smart as Obama is how in the H E double hockeysticks did decide to have this guy as his VP? Im curious. Biden just cant keep his mouth shut. Obama needs to nip this in the bud quick before he says somethin even more stupid than the hundreds of other things he's already said.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Biden has foot in mouth disease. Dude just doesn't know when to zip it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama knew what he was getting when he decided to have him as his running mate

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

The Ol' Gaffe Bag strikes again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Ol' Gaffe Bag strikes again.

First time for him in two months... I think that's a pretty long time for him!

I personally enjoy all of Biden's comments, but that's just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First time for him in two months... I think that's a pretty long time for him!

I personally enjoy all of Biden's comments, but that's just me.

enjoy as in laughing at them? or you agree with them?

Honestly I do think they are funny, so I do enjoy them. It just scares me that the VP of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA can be that dumb at times. So that's when the amusement stops.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Another strange comment from Biden. Is he trying to scare us more than the previous vice president?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

He picked him for Pennsylvania quite frankly. He is good for the comedians though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He was picked because people said Obama was weak on Foreign Affairs, and that is an area Biden isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast