Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

Can someone explain this to me?

Look at the recent sales of Ben Simmons /99 NT rookie cards. No autos, no relics. Just the base rookie

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...p2045573.m1684

HOW?!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Puzzles me as much as the Prizm rookie parallels going for so much when so many are produced and they also lack those same features you mentioned.

Collectors have been gravitating more toward rookies and rookie parallels lately. It's almost like they're tired of autos and relics.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What did they sell for before his injury? I guess people are thinking he is going to come back strong but I'm always skeptical of big guys who injure their feet and legs in serious injuries. It seems like half of them never fully recover from it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

National Treasures was a late season product making it all the more puzzling. He was already injured when it came out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow somebody other than Jordan or Curry demanding strong prices. Hope he can have a fulfilling career.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Collectors have been gravitating more toward rookies and rookie parallels lately. It's almost like they're tired of autos and relics.

The above is definitely true (me in included), plus he doesn't really have any autos since he's a UD exclusive. I think the only autos are from Goodwin. I don't think he has any player-worn stuff either. For the most part all you have is base RCs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Speculation is all the rage ... and I can't say the bug didn't bite me too as I sank an incredible amount of $$$$ into my Jameis true 1/1 collection, but at least my son and I both love Jameis and it's not "just" about $$$

SCF Rewards
    Country

The above is definitely true (me in included), plus he doesn't really have any autos since he's a UD exclusive. I think the only autos are from Goodwin. I don't think he has any player-worn stuff either. For the most part all you have is base RCs.

This explains it somewhat. Basketball collectors don't really want an unlicensed Upper Deck card so his best Panini card becomes the one that the speculators will chase. It doesn't matter if the licensed one isn't autographed or game used because it has logos and is licensed so it becomes the *real* rookie by the vast majority of basketball collectors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 2015.lipps's Items on eBay

He must of done something right

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This explains it somewhat. Basketball collectors don't really want an unlicensed Upper Deck card so his best Panini card becomes the one that the speculators will chase. It doesn't matter if the licensed one isn't autographed or game used because it has logos and is licensed so it becomes the *real* rookie by the vast majority of basketball collectors.

I think that is a major reason ... but ... if I actually believed in the kid I'd snap up ALL of the best auto'd Godwin cards and just sit on them ... I'd rather have an auto'd non-licensed RC if it's his ONLY auto'd rookie than a licensed non-auto rookie ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast