Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Why don't the card companies CELEBRATE hockey's history??

I was uploading my gigantic (two 1-inch binders) baseball card collection to PhotoBucket last night and these were in there, amongst others.................

So my question is..........where's the Hockey Hall of Fame set?? Where's the 1917 Commemorative set?? The Ace Bailey All-Star Benifit game insert set?? It's all rookies and patches and shields, when there's an entire HISTORY out there, not just the Jean Beliveaus, Bobby Orrs & Wayne Gretzkys in every year of The Cup, or the same players in Parkhurst Champions that were in 06/07 Parkhurst....... Not just the team by team breakdowns from ITG, or the whoever is still alive from the 60's 70's and 80's it doesn't really matter if they were any good but we can get 'em to sign some cards so we'll put out Panini Classics.........

There used to be a Hamilton Tigers in the NHL. And the Pittsburgh Pirates and Philadelphia Quakers and Montreal Maroons and New York Americans amongst others. But I gotta be bombarded by yet another Richard Brodeur auto or seven, and another $500 Gilbert Brule shield, and 41 different PK Subban rookies.............

Shout-out to Mister Tom Selleck!!! When's my Slap Shot set coming out????? Or even one lousy insert??????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

04/05 ITG Franchises notwithstanding....................

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I wouldn't mind seeing something that celebrates now-defunct clubs. California Golden Seals, Quebec Bulldogs, or with my bias the Montreal Maroons or Montreal Wanderers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

I wouldn't mind seeing something that celebrates now-defunct clubs. California Golden Seals, Quebec Bulldogs, or with my bias the Montreal Maroons or Montreal Wanderers.

I honestly never thought of that, that would be awesome! I feel though that hockey does so somewhat, most of ITG's sets have a vintage feel to them. Franchises, Original Six, Heroes and Prospects, Motown, (The Philly version of motown, the name escapes me), there was also a Montreal 100 annv. set made, although I'm not sure who made it. I think because all of these have been done, it limits the new ideas. So I think people do, but just not to the extent the MLB does based on the fact that there is more money in the MLB and more collectors. I mean, a set with all defunct teams would be cool to see, but imagine the marketing of that. The size of your selling target would be rather small, as many people that collect weren't even around for some of those teams. Like I said, I think it would be awesome, but I'm not going to drop extra money away from my PC for something like that. Sadly it all comes down to money. Upper Deck also had a lot of inserts in the 2000's for vintage players and vintage moments. Certainly not on the same scale as baseball though

I would love a hall of fame set though too
    Last edited by comfortably9numb; 02-26-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added more for clarification
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Might have to do with the fact that there are no large card companies based in Canada and that hockey is pretty much the 4th sport in terms of sales in the United States. Not many people running these companies know about hockey so they wouldn't be as knowledgeable about the sport. People in America can rattle off Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron but I doubt many know the hockey equivalents.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See winterempire's Items on eBay

Might have to do with the fact that there are no large card companies based in Canada and that hockey is pretty much the 4th sport in terms of sales in the United States. Not many people running these companies know about hockey so they wouldn't be as knowledgeable about the sport. People in America can rattle off Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron but I doubt many know the hockey equivalents.

You would think that Upper Deck might take more an interest in it since the NHL is there only license from the current big 4.