Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Looking for guidance on autographed baseballs with no CoA

I don't have much experience with this type of thing, but I've managed to come into possession of about 10 signed balls from 80s and 90s stars/HoFers.

What is the first thing I need to know ?

What sort of value do they have without a CoA? What is the best way to sell and ship them? How costly/difficult is it to have them authenticated? What would be the best way to do that? Any info you guys have will help, and if you know anyone who would be interested in this kind of thing plmk.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

@turnpipe I would say you will have much better chance of selling this with Authentication. Also, where the CoA comes from can help and hurt the value.

I personally won't buy anything signed without some sort of CoA.

With that being said, PSA and Beckett both offer autograph authenication services. The pricing depends on the player and what levels you decide on (grade, encapsulation, just authentication, etc.).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably really depends on who the players are. If you have Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds it would be worth it to get them authenticated but people like Bruce Sutter and Rollie Fingers don't really go for that much. Still nice autographs to have of them but not really worth the time and money getting a good COA when they currently sell for so low.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

@turnpipe

Which players?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Subscribing to this thread. Want to hear which hall of famers you have and what you end up to do with them.

Best of luck in the journey as collecting is not always easy LOL.

Just a fyi you also need to look at the condition of the balls (are the auto's in sweet spots), are the auto's all looking great not faded, what kind of balls are they signed on, etc. Simple things like this will increase or decrease your sale price and will result in lower grades if you ever get them graded besides authentication.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 05-07-2022 at 03:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

I appreciate the input everyone. I’ll definitely look into the authentication services. I know there is a couple Phil Niekro and I think one of his brother. There are some others I will have to look up, but he is the main one. They’ve been in cases for what looks to be about 30 years.