Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I disagree sorry... Drouin burnt bridges in Tampa. Most recently with Kucherov. Sergachev is unproven, I agree but Kucherov will help him feel welcome and mold him how he wants... But as a Tampa fan I'm happy to see Drouins drama go BYE BYE

Its pretty simple in hockey, the team that got the best player in the deal wins ..... right now the best player is Drouin.

He doesn't come to MTL with "burnt bridges". Hes coming back home to play, motivation enough for any player.

Also not too sure how much molding Kucherov is going to do ..... seeing as one is a forward and the other a defenseman.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

Montreal wins now and for sure the next two years but make no mistake Serg is the real deal in 2020 (4 years) the trade can be better examined as both players will be better established

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daburgerboy's Items on eBay

Drouin is better today but Sergachev may very well end up better in 3-4 years.
    19 and 6'3, 210 lbs already.

Also theres no way to know when the fans and media turn on Drouin, but make no mistake it will happen.
    They just signed him for 6 years though so they are all in I guess but it does nothing to solve their GLARING issues at centre.

Lastly the team and Radulov are apparantly far apart on negotiations so he may just end up replacing Radulov's points.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Much (though not universal) happiness in Habsville today - and they've just announced he's signed a 6-year deal worth $5.5M per season. A very affordable rate and that probably means buh-bye Plekanec.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Much (though not universal) happiness in Habsville today - and they've just announced he's signed a 6-year deal worth $5.5M per season. A very affordable rate and that probably means buh-bye Plekanec.

I think they were ready to say goodbye to Plekanec regardless of today's trade.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

Happy with the trade and the contract extension. I think Bergevin had been gunning for him since last year. I think we still need to get Radulov on board also; then the scoring depth starts to come.

Eric Engels saying that Galchenyuk is pretty much going to be traded; so it will be interesting to see for whom as that will once again deplete the scoring depth that was just buffered if no scoring comes back.

The only thing I thought after hearing the trade was that if the Habs were willing to trade their Top D-man prospect; could they not find a deal for the big center they so desperately need?

Welcome home, Drouin!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Tampa Bay Lightning San Antonio Spurs Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @petemfcrowe See minticus07's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Drouin is better today but Sergachev may very well end up better in 3-4 years.
    19 and 6'3, 210 lbs already.

Also theres no way to know when the fans and media turn on Drouin, but make no mistake it will happen.
    They just signed him for 6 years though so they are all in I guess but it does nothing to solve their GLARING issues at centre.

Lastly the team and Radulov are apparantly far apart on negotiations so he may just end up replacing Radulov's points.

I agree 100%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Tampa Bay Lightning San Antonio Spurs Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @petemfcrowe See minticus07's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Its pretty simple in hockey, the team that got the best player in the deal wins ..... right now the best player is Drouin.

He doesn't come to MTL with "burnt bridges". Hes coming back home to play, motivation enough for any player.

Also not too sure how much molding Kucherov is going to do ..... seeing as one is a forward and the other a defenseman.

I see your point but clearly the brass in Tampa does not... I also see Tampas point in the sense of dumping Drouins salary, inconsistent play and whiny nature and getting, in return, someone they can develop into a great player...

There's also a difference between positional molding and team/environment/cultural molding... If it was all simple and black and white we wouldn't be having this discussion...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

Interesting comments... Kucherov said this himself a couple months back: "I was suffering torments all season, because I couldn't find perfect chemistry with other partners after Stamkos injury. We played with Jonathan Drouin once, and it was good. But coach didn't put us together again for some reason"

53 points in 73 games is inconsistent? I wouldn't call that mediocre, especially given Tampa's injury situation. Drouin played most of the year with guys like Boyle, Filppula, and Paquette.

I just wish I could've seen what a Stamkos/Drouin duo would've looked like...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Cue @RGM81 trading for all of your Drouin rookie cards* ;)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast