Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

39th National Sports Collector Convention in Cleveland (who is going?)

The Nationals are coming!

The National is the event of the year and is the place you should be. Collectors, dealers, distributors, manufacturers, licensor's and everyone else in the collectibles industry all participate in the worlds most spectacular sports and entertainment collectibles industry. Don't miss it

I plan on being there and if any of you will even be there for a day stopby and visit us at the SCF table. As I know Scott and other SCF'ers will be manning out with the table. Come by and do some trading, chat about the show, do a live video of a box break or talk about what ya seen, etc. The more the merrier so if your going to be there let us know.

I just figured I post this to see who will be going with a few questions.

Are you going for 1 days or 4 days?

What your purpose in attending (auto guest, bust some cases, meet certain friends, see a certain dealer, etc)?

What the best pick up you ever had?

If you will be attending let me know and I will create a list of us so we can keep in contact via pm's as the day approaches. Always nice to meet members from the SCF Community.

Here the autograph lineup for the Nationals:

TRISTAR: 39th National (Cleveland) Initial Autograph Lineup Announced!‏

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/index.html

List of Members thinking about going:;

Want more information on the Nationals click the here.
    http://nsccshow.com

People attending:
    palantri; scottkoz20; rabs; tribe buckeye fan; jfried1029; *censored*; michigandan; slash711; walker066; bigbenjobu;
    Last edited by doniceage; 04-25-2018 at 07:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The first announced 4 VIP signers are Benito Santiago, Gregg Jefferies, Marty Cordova and Charles White.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nsccshow/...=244+281088017

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Ohio State Buckeyes
    Twitter: @Tribe_Buckeye_Fan See 96berettaz26's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I'm considering going for one day, only since I've never been to the National and this year is only about 30 minutes from where I live. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a few boxes to take home with me, and maybe pick up some card swag while I'm there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

After missing the last two years, I am planning to set up with you guys.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

I will be there the entire week. My friend Arron and I are doing a road trip up from Texas for it, hitting a bunch of ballgames for autographs on the way up, during, and on the way back. Got our passes bought, hotel booked, and route planned. Here's our schedule as of right now...

• FRIDAY, 7/27: AA Tennessee (Cubs) at Birmingham (White Sox)
    • SATURDAY, 7/28: A Rome (Braves) at Lexington (Royals)
    • SUNDAY, 7/29: A Asheville (Rockies) at West Virginia (Pirates); arrive in Cleveland that evening
    • MONDAY, 7/30: Visit Dad, AAA Indianapolis (Pirates) at Columbus (Indians)
    • TUESDAY, 7/31: A Great Lakes (Dodgers) at Lake County (Indians), and AAA Louisville (Reds) at Toledo (Tigers)
    • WEDNESDAY, 8/1: Visit Dad; National starts at 2!
    • THURSDAY, 8/2: National in the day, AA Bowie (Baltimore) at Akron (Indians) in evening
    • FRIDAY, 8/3: National in the day, A Bowling Green (Rays) at Lake County (Indians) in evening
    • SATURDAY, 8/4: National in the day, MLB Angels at Indians in evening
    • SUNDAY, 8/5: A Lansing (Blue Jays) at Fort Wayne (San Diego)
    • MONDAY, 8/6: A Beloit (A’s) at Cedar Rapids (Twins), AAA Las Vegas (Mets) at Iowa (Cubs)
    • TUESDAY, 8/7: AAA Las Vegas (Mets) at Iowa (Cubs)
    • WEDNESDAY, 8/8: Arrive back in Texas

If anyone wants to read the preview article I wrote for it, it's in the Articles section-- https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-2018-National

We likely will need help on a few things if someone can assist us...

First off, there may be a few VIP Autograph tickets that Arron or I could use extras on. Typically I've bought them for $3-$5, or traded ones I don't need as much for those I do need. Some have even given them to me. Whatever works. At the least, I know Arron needs a few extra on Santiago, and I could use one extra each on him and Charles White. Probably more once more names are announced.

Second, as you see above from our Fort Wayne game, we have to miss the last day. If someone can help us out, we'll give our VIP auto tickets, items, and prepaid postage to someone who can get them for us. Upon receipt of signed items, we also would compensate you a bit for your time.

I should be pretty easy to spot the whole week: fat guy in a jersey-- yes, that's like 90% of the people there, I know-- but it'll likely be either FA Sápmi soccer with #21, Quebec Nordiques #44 Kordic, 80s Vancouver Canucks #22 Williams, or neon green or black Texas Greenmen Floorball with #52 and either Peltoperä or Drewcifer on the back-- and probably a black hat with punk band pins all over it, and an oval logo with a heart and CC40 in it on the front. Long graying-brown hair and glasses. Probably a red backpack. Probably will be looking more and more like death warmed over as the week rolls on. Mostly will be poring over boxes of autographed cards and random 1972 Topps looking to fill out my sets.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I will be there everyday, sniping Detroit Redwings before doniceage gets them!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See longhair711's Items on eBay

there for the whole week. friend i went to nationals with last year has brother in cleveland,. so have place to stay,pool to swim in and fully stocked frig and bar. SOMEONE SAY ROADTRIP.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm considering going for one day, only since I've never been to the National and this year is only about 30 minutes from where I live. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a few boxes to take home with me, and maybe pick up some card swag while I'm there.

You are going to be overwhelmed with what you see. Have any questions just ask.

After missing the last two years, I am planning to set up with you guys.

Sti;; ironing that all out.

I will be there everyday, sniping Detroit Redwings before doniceage gets them!

Well we shall see what you end up. Sure there will be plenty to be had.

there for the whole week. friend i went to nationals with last year has brother in cleveland,. so have place to stay,pool to swim in and fully stocked frig and bar. SOMEONE SAY ROADTRIP.

Nothing like a nice road trip.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will be making the trip this year. It will be my 5th National, but 1st one not on the East Coast. The timing worked out this year as Brian Urlacher is getting inducted into the Pro Football HOF that weekend, so I'll be heading down there for the induction. My plan is to be at the National on Thursday and Friday and then head to the HOF on Saturday. I guess I will make a decision closer to the show if I'm going back for Saturday morning or spending it in Canton. If anyone has ever been to the induction ceremony, please let me know what to expect of the day, i.e. parking, HOF museum time. etc. My wife will be with me, so we are heading out early Sunday so I can take her to Falling Water in PA on the drive back.
    Last edited by walker066; 03-18-2018 at 10:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will be making the trip this year. It will be my 5th National, but 1st one not on the East Coast. The timing worked out this year as Brian Urlacher is getting inducted into the Pro Football HOF that weekend, so I'll be heading down there for the induction. My plan is to be at the National on Thursday and Friday and then head to the HOF on Saturday. I guess I will make a decision closer to the show if I'm going back for Saturday morning or spending it in Canton. If anyone has ever been to the induction ceremony, please let me know what to expect of the day, i.e. parking, HOF museum time. etc. My wife will be with me, so we are heading out early Sunday so I can take her to Falling Water in PA on the drive back.

See you there at the Nationals. I am sure some folks who been to Canton will chime into what to expect of the day as I know a few that have gone.

Don

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast