Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yet Another Stupid Question!

Greetings fellow pucknuts! It's time for another stupid question, and I actually expect the answer will come from @Iheartjacquie
    While trying to add some Jason Spezza memorabilia cards to my PC, I made an interesting discovery. The database tells us that his 2003-04 Crown Royale Jersey Cards come in 3 serial numbered variations, the hobby version, the retail version, and the patch variation, but doesn't tell us what the serial numbers are! I've determined, since I have 2 of the 3, that the patch cards are numbered out of /220, but the jersey card I have is numbered /630. Now, is this the retail or hobby version?
    As always, any help is greatly appreciated!
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

@SenatorCollector from what i have seen so far the /630 would appear to be the hobby version but i will take a better look after work
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@SenatorCollector I have been doing a lot of research and I believe that that the hobby and retail jersey version are the same set, I am going to combine the two sets and add the serial numbers for the jersey and patch sets when i get a chance

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ron, I am only aware of the two versions that you already have.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Peter: I know as well, so when I see a checklist with a retail version as well, I get a little curious, which leads to my favourite title, Stupid Question Time! 9 times out of 10, the answer is so obvious, but you just don't see it, you know? @Iheartjacquie has been great at answering so far!
    Actually, everyone has been pretty good at helping out, which is great to see, but I kind regards wish stupid question time didn't exist!

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Iheartjacquie the numbering for the jersey set is a little wonky as well. My Spezza jersey is /630, but my Vermette jersey is /650, and I think but unconfirmed, the Sakura Koivu is /625

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@SenatorCollector I already have those print runs for spezza and vermette in there, I added all I could confirm which was about 80%........there are various print runs for each card in the set and not just one for the whole set

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (38)
    Country
    See Cantstop17's Items on eBay

Hi guys,I have Spezza in the Hobby and retail versions. The Hobby version jersey is gold foiled and is numbered to /630, the patch version is also gold foiled and is numbered to /220 .The retail version is Silver foiled and is also numbered to /220 as well.
    Al

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So just to add to the fun I just took a quick look at my Mario PC and I have 2 as well, but there is a 3rd and it is not listed here. So given the way Pacific numbered things in the early 2000's and the way that they foiled things here is what I know:

• The Hobby version of Mario is Gold foil and is numbered out of 200 (found a picture on eBay of the gold)
    • The Retail version of Mario is Silver foil and is numbered out of 100 ( I have this one!)
    • The Patch version of Mario is Gold foil as well but is numbered out of 25 ( I have this and it is a patch for sure)

I know in other sets they did the gold hobby and silver retail so that makes sense here as well. Now, what the Spezza is numbered, that I do not know, but look at the foil it should help.

@Iheartjacquie -- Guess we need another update to the inventory, for Mario at least

Later
    Thad

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually no question is stupid. I have posted a few weird ones myself. That is the way you find things out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast