Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Thumbs up Went Fishing and caught some Huge SEABASS! 20 out of 25 to be exact =)

Hello everyone,

We're pretty much past the halfway point of the year and I figured it was time for a show and tell =)

To begin, I found a box of old keepsakes from when I was younger last week and found this gem. It was from my first ever Yankee game I went to when I was 5 years old. Oddly enough I still remember the moment of getting into the uniform, grabbing the bat and striking a pose. I've been to a decent handful of ball games since then, but when I look back on it, do they even do this anymore? I know that they have guys taking pictures which you can later request to develop. But do they have these type of promotions where you can make an official card of yourself? If not, I wish they would. I mean who wouldn't like to have a card of themselves as a kid to look back on?

Timothy Wong 1995 Donruss MVP (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Should have fired my agent at the time because with these type of numbers, I don't remember getting the big contract for it =) Can't tell you how many power rangers figures I could have gotten with that type of money back in the day lol

Timothy Wong 1995 Donruss MVP (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

But now onto the SERIOUS stuff....j/k. Here are the slew of pick ups I have had over the past handful of months. The theme continues to be the jersey numbered cards but I've also mixed in other general goodies in there too.

I'll start if off with some Wings as it would only be right lol

Love the 05/06 Retro design and have actually been holding off since release at the chance to have this card, being that I have the Athanasiou 05/06 retro design jersey numbered rookie auto

Jersey Numbered 71/175

Dylan Larkin 15/16 UD Ultimate Rookies Autograph Retro 71/175 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Fantastic design and love to add color to my collection

Dylan Larkin 15/16 UD Fleer Showcase Skybox Premium Prospects Ruby /50 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

C'mon Svechnikov! I'm rooting for you!!! Him being a quality player for our team is so important to how deep we can roll our lineup in the future. Big body, good shot. Just needs to get his legs under him a bit more and stop being hard on himself. That will only happen with time, and I hope we are patient enough to grant that. Great character guy though from what I have heard.

Jersey Numbered 37/49

Evgeny Svechnikov 17/18 UD OPC Platinum Marque Rookie Green Rainbow 37/49 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Evgeny Svechnikov 17/18 UD OPC Platinum Marque Rookie Green Rainbow 37/49 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a nice Buchnevich YG Acetate. I'm definitely looking forward to see how he develops over time. Very skilled player and has worked some magic with Zibanejad

Pavel Buchnevich 16/17 UD SPA Young Guns Acetate (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Hischier is a good young player, and with time he will only continue to get better. I didn't want to start another player collection, but just wanted to add a nice quality piece to have. So with the combination of acetate (which I'm a sucker for) and jersey Numbered 13/24, I couldn't resist

Nico Hischier 17/18 UD Ice Sub Zero Rookies Gold 13/24 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Through my bi-weekly search of Arvy a few months ago, I happen to have caught this listing. My first Arvidsson jersey numbered rookie!

Viktor Arvidsson 15/16 UD Exquisite Collection Rookie Signatures 38/399 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Big thanks to a great member who sold me this card. Since purchasing it, we have had some great talks! Thats what makes the hobby special in my opinion. Great jersey numbered card, but it came from a great home too.

Owen Tippett 17/18 UD SPGU Authentic Rookies Rainbow 74/218 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a nice 1/1 rookie of Jonathan Huberdeau =)

Jonathan Huberdeau 13/14 Panini Prizm Icy Blue 1/1 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jonathan Huberdeau 13/14 Panini Prizm Icy Blue 1/1 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here are a few Forsberg's too. Man did he pull off some crazy moves in this past playoffs.

Jersey Numbered 09/50

Filip Forsberg 13/14 Panini Crown Royale Heirs to the Throne Prime Jersey 9/50 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 09/10

Filip Forsberg 13/14 Panini Dominion Quad Patch 9/10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

What could be the biggest piece of my Forsberg collection yet. Might not be jersey numbered, but no matter. A beautiful National Treasures RPA /9

Filip Forsberg 13/14 Panini National Treasures Rookie Patch Auto /9 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here are some few Barkov pick ups as well

Always nice to have a low #'ed Titanium rookie

Aleksander Barkov 13/14 Panini Rookie 9/10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 16/25

Aleksander Barkov 13/14 Panini Prime Jersey 16/25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Loved the look of these cards and went for it

Aleksander Barkov 13/14 Panini Select Prizms Prime Jersey Auto /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Now here are a few cards from my main "old school" PC guys. Any time I can find a jersey numbered rookie from the early 2000's, is a great day from me.

A nice Jason Spezza jersey numbered rookie. I hope Jason can return back to form, he was such a great player in his prime. Darn back injuries

Jason Spezza 02/03 Pacific Crown Royale Rookie 39/2299 [BGS 9] (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jason Spezza 02/03 Pacific Crown Royale Rookie 39/2299 [BGS ] (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Kovalchuk, my favorite sniper in the game. Pick ups for him over the years have been few and far between being that not much has surfaced over the years, but I was sure glad to add another jersey numbered rookie to the list. I hope he can develop some good chemistry with Kopitar or Carter and bring back some quality play we use to see over the years!

Jersey Numbered 17/50

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia 2nd Ed. Game Used Stick And Jersey 17/50 [BGS 8.5] (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia 2nd Ed. Game Used Stick And Jersey 17/50 [BGS 8.5] (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a nice Zetterberg. Just continue to pass down the knowledge to the young guys.

Henrik Zetterberg 02/03 SHL Elitset (PSA 10) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Being that Sebastian Aho is my favorite player right now, I felt that I should show some love for his Finnish partner in crime; Teuvo Teravainen. There weren't many Canes games I missed this past year, and from what I have seen I feel like they are making their way to being the EuroTwins 2.0? Ok, so maybe I should tone down the hype as anything can happen, but I have really enjoyed ther style of hockey. So now here are a few Teravainen pickups I've been lucky enough to land.

Hoping he can do this with the Canes in the future

Teuvo Teravainen 2015 Stanley Cup Championship Signed 8x10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 86/99

Teuvo Teravainen 14/15 UD OPC Platinum Black Ice Auto 86/99 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 86/499

Teuvo Teravainen 14/15 UD Trilogy Rookie Premieres Level 1 86/499 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 86/125

Teuvo Teravainen 14/15 UD Premier Jersey 86/125 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

YG Canvas buyback Auto? Um, yea...Sign me up

Teuvo Teravainen 14/15 UD Young Guns Canvas Auto Buyback /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

The Classic YG Acetate

Teuvo Teravainen 14/15 UD Young Guns Acetate (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Now on to my main man as of late, Sebastian Aho. I'm really excited to see what time brings to the table when it comes to Aho. He's a lion in a small package. I love his creativity he brings to the game, his vision (see some of his assists in the WHC as a recent example) and how he wins battles that on paper he isn't suppose to. A truly great player and a building block for the Canes.

Does anyone know if he has an autographed version /3?

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Overtime Next In Line Red /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Overtime Next In Line Blue /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Beautiful PMG's. As I said I'm a sucker for color. Does anyone else get in this happy place when you hold all colored parallels together, be it from Showcase, OPC Platinum or whatever set, and just view the rainbow? I can't be the only one

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Fleer Showcase Precious Metal Gems Blue /50 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Beautiful card from a timeless set across all sports

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Fleer Showcase Ex Essential Credentials Now /23 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Found this on Facebook by luck and landed it. Jersey numbered 20/49

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD SPGU Authentic Rookies Patch 20/49 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a beautiful Premier Auto /5. It reminds me of the Kovalchuk Premier Rookie Auto Black /5 that up until yesterday, didn't know if it truly existed having never seen one. But thanks to the PWCC search engine, I found out that since 2004 one sold for a price that I don't wish to dream of. No picture, but at least I know they are out there. Now if anyone can confirm if the white jersey Playmaker bobblehead auto exists, I would be grateful lol.

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Premier Rookie Auto Blue /5 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Another Facebook purchase from a pretty cool guy. Acetate Die Cut SP. A card I really wanted to knock out the way in the beginning. Those unannounced cards are really tricky. Once owned a Mantha Glo-Pee-Chee, but it was damaged. Returned it back and have never seen one since.

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Ice Premiers Die Cut SP (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Now here is the reason for the title. This card is now the cornerstone to my Aho collection. Once I saw it, I knew it had to come home. Definitely worthy of Aho's nickname, "Seabass".

Without further adieu, here is my Jersey Numbered Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Premier Rookies Patch Auto Gold 20/25

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD Premier Rookie Auto Patch Gold 20/25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
    WANT: ROOKIE YEAR & JERSEY NUMBERED cards of Aho + Zetterberg + Kovalchuk + Datsyuk + Kopitar + Nash + Spezza + Zibanejad + F. Forsberg + Teravainen + Barkov + Huberdeau + Mantha + MORE

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Congrats on al of these additions. Really digging the Jersey # cards in here. Good eye tracking those down!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

How can a post with Seabass in the title not have a Cam Neely card in it? FOR SHAME!

Very awesome pickups. Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country
    See mattp13-69's Items on eBay

Well, since you didn't want to add Hischier as a PC guy ;-). If you wanna move that SubZero lmk via PM with what you might wanna trade it for......*wink, wink, nudge,nudge*

SCF Rewards
    Country

@creasecollector : Thank you very much =)
    @LecavalierFan : Its funny because I got the same comments on the other boards I posted on. But to be honest - showing my age here as if the card didn't too lol - but I am completely oblivious to Seabass being Neely's nickname. You gotta tell me the story. I'm feeling left out here =)
    @MadCub : I like the subtleness there haha. For now its going to be a PC card of mine...unless you have a very rare Zetterberg rookie year card I don't have by chance.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country

*pouty face* lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country

And now that Zadina is a Wing........argh!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

@LecavalierFan : Its funny because I got the same comments on the other boards I posted on. But to be honest - showing my age here as if the card didn't too lol - but I am completely oblivious to Seabass being Neely's nickname. You gotta tell me the story. I'm feeling left out here =)

Cam Neely has an IMDB page!

A quote from it:

...Furthermore, Neely portrayed the character of Sea Bass in the Farrelly brothers films Dumb and Dumber and Me, Myself and Irene, both of which star Jim Carrey.

I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you watch Dumb and Dumber. It's amazing, and the Cam Neely part of it is gold.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@MadCub : I was shocked he fell to our laps. Hope Hayton is good for the Yotes but im thrilled about Zadina
    @LecavalierFan :Will do! It was always one of those movies I caught in certain sections lol