Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Forgive my ignorance... What are the UD Midnight cards from?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cool stuff and definitely a nice variety from printing plates to food issues. Thanks for sharing.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Forgive my ignorance... What are the UD Midnight cards from?

@Drewk86a from what I understand, the UD Midnight cards are a parallel set released by Upper Deck, typically handed out to fans at shows, expos and other promotional events. The Midnight cards are not inserted into UD products. Instead, they are given as wrapper redemptions to those customers who open a certain amount of UD product at an expo or show. They are usually delivered in a pack that contains special inserts, including the Midnight cards.

If anyone has anything else to add, or if I made an error, please feel free to chime in.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

@Drewk86a from what I understand, the UD Midnight cards are a parallel set released by Upper Deck, typically handed out to fans at shows, expos and other promotional events. The Midnight cards are not inserted into UD products. Instead, they are given as wrapper redemptions to those customers who open a certain amount of UD product at an expo or show. They are usually delivered in a pack that contains special inserts, including the Midnight cards.

If anyone has anything else to add, or if I made an error, please feel free to chime in.

The UD Midnight parallels are released at the Toronto Expo. Collectors can find them in packs (packs are given out to people who buy UD products at certified dealers) that were created for the show.

I think they are an Expo exclusive though. I have not heard about them being given out at other promotional events, just the Toronto Expo.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That Lundqvist is awesome...want to trade??

Liut 2 of 2 Artifacts by Ric Knapp, on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/fultoncards See https://www.ebay.com/usr/fultoncards's Items on eBay Instagram:

I love the Liut red redemption. He was arguably the best (regular season) goalie of the 1980s, based on wins. Def the most prolific. I feel like history has forgotten him, for no tangible reason.

One thing I don't get to this day is the appeal of UDS1/2 exclusives, high gloss, midnights, etc. Are high gloss even "high gloss"? They just slap a number on the cards. What I like about OPCP is how playful they get with the parallels, going full Skittles on us.
    SUBSCRIBE to Fultoncards on YouTube for FREE hockey cards. I am a consumer advocate focused on pack odds, and the history of our hobby. I do box breaks, recaps and reviews of affordable and vintage cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I love the Liut @the-ric but at this point I the Lundqvist (and all the stuff I posted in the thread) is PC. Thanks for commenting and if there is something else you'd be interested in for the Liut I'm all ears.

That Lundqvist is awesome...want to trade??

Liut 2 of 2 Artifacts by Ric Knapp, on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love the Liut red redemption. He was arguably the best (regular season) goalie of the 1980s, based on wins. Def the most prolific. I feel like history has forgotten him, for no tangible reason.

One thing I don't get to this day is the appeal of UDS1/2 exclusives, high gloss, midnights, etc. Are high gloss even "high gloss"? They just slap a number on the cards. What I like about OPCP is how playful they get with the parallels, going full Skittles on us.

They appear to be a little more, em, glossy I guess lol. Liut was a great regular season goalie however most people I think recognize him for the ghoul mask that he wore while in St. Louis. I have always been a huge Habs fan but I was really impressed with Liut while he played for Hartford. He had a number of games where he stood on his head and kept Hartford in the game. He was one of the last true "stand up goalies."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12