Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: TTM Help

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

TTM Help

Little back story to this TTM entry. The first future watch card that has ever hit my hands was a 15-16 Jujhar Khaira (yes i know not a big name but my wifes favourite player on the oilers); but i was always let down that he didnt sign them.

Eventually i decided to work on an Edmonton Oilers FWA team collection and the Khaira has always just been the black sheep sitting in a box away from the rest of the team. I have decided to send out my first ever TTM and see if he would sign it for me so i can add it to my Oilers FW Auto PC.

I was wonder how these work?
    • Would i send a letter along with the card asking him for a signature with a backstory?
    • Do i send an envelope with a stamp for them to send back?

Is there anything else that i should know when sending out or expecting it to come back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this works out there are a few other Oilers FW that could use some ink on them for my PC.

Cheers,
    Oilers90

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I do some TTM stuff, all regarding the Oilers.

I assume you're thinking of sending to the team? Not a "personal" address for him? Regardless.....

Yes, yes, yes, and yes..... include a self-address-stamped envelope! Depending on the player, and the volume of mail they get, these kinds of request (I'm sure) can be a bit of a pain. If you want a reply back, make it as simple as possible - and certainly don't ask them to pay for stamps!

Include a letter, yes. You want an autograph, ask for it. Be polite. Include the backstory? Why not ?!?! lol. If you can make the letter a little personable, IMO, that leads to a better chance of success.

One last thing I would mention. Right on the Oilers' website, you'll see a note that they can not fwd mail to players. This is somewhat misleading. They can, and they do.

I've sent autograph request to several players, coaches, and various management over the last few years. A rough guess, my success rate is about 50/50. I have NEVER gotten something back unsigned (i.e. someone in an office opened the mail, and sent it back). I have zero clue if means they did not fwd the mail, or the person I sent to simply ignored it. I will mention that I do NOT write to any of the stars (I'm looking for autographs from players that don't have certified autos).

I add that last bit, because if that particular copy of the card has sentimental value to you: You might want to consider getting a second copy to be send. There's a decent chance you'll mail it out, and never see it again.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Thank you for the info :) very informative

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

To add to what Ranford said, I've done it twice ever. The first I sent to Shane Doan right before he retired and haven't seen a thing back. The second was a game dated moment card of Alex Debrincat scoring a hat trick goal against Ryan Miller. The Miller card was returned almost a full year later. I am planning on doing another Miller game dated moment card and this time, I'm going to include a second version of it for his son to keep (it's the card of him breaking the US wins record). Sometimes adding something for them can inspire them more to respond favorably as you're in essence trading them.

I have a coworker who has high levels of success and he always includes a personalized note to the player.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Thanks @sparty07. I was definitely going to provide a personalized note