Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Black Friday Break - Contenders, Zenith blaster, Score Rookie & Traded

I usually don't break much throughout the year but saw some deals that D&A Card World offered including a box of Contenders, a Zenith blaster, and a complete set of Score Rookies & Traded (which includes 1 auto) for $60.

I haven't bought Contenders before but liked the idea of getting 4 autos in a box for the price I purchased.

Here are the hits from the breaks:

First I broker the Zenith blaster which had 3 packs inside:

Next I opened the Score Rookies & Traded knowing that there was 1 auto inside. With the great chances of pulling a $1 bin auto, I pulled:

Finally I opened the Contenders box which contained these:

and the hit of the box (and box saver)...

I didn't expect one of these at all!

While I have never pulled a dual auto, this is the second time that I have pulled a multi auto card. The first time was a SPA SOTT-6's a few years ago and now a quad auto! I am very happy with the breaks and really enjoyed the Contenders box. I was even on D&A's website this afternoon and saw that they still have the same promotion going on, but maybe I will open one another time. I really think that Contenders is a good value for the fun and the number of autos that come from a box.

Thanks for the look. Everything is for trade except for Markstrom and the quad auto which will be redeemed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (20)
    Country
    See nyibeerforce's Items on eBay

A pleasant surprise. Congrats on the quad

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! It was funny because at first I thought it was a jersey booklet but then I realized it would be pointless to have a redemption for a jersey booklet. Plus Contenders is focused more on autos rather than memorabilia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

well done on the booklet buddy!! Markstrom is pretty solid from Score as well!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

yup awesome score with the Markstrom

I think it's definitely a top 5 pull

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm still waiting for delivery of the same deal at D&A. I bought 4 of the contenders packages

SCF Rewards
    Country

well done on the booklet buddy!! Markstrom is pretty solid from Score as well!

Thanks a lot! It was quite refreshing as a lot of my breaks are mediocre or worse lol.

yup awesome score with the Markstrom

I think it's definitely a top 5 pull

Thanks! I was really expecting a scrub because of the list of possibilities, but it was great to see a highly rookie touted goaltender.

I'm still waiting for delivery of the same deal at D&A. I bought 4 of the contenders packages

Hopefully it arrives soon. Maybe give them a call to see what's going on. I am very interested to see your breaks. With the price of Contenders and the number and types of hits, I would rank it very high in the "bang for your buck" category for 2011-12.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks a lot! It was quite refreshing as a lot of my breaks are mediocre or worse lol.

Thanks! I was really expecting a scrub because of the list of possibilities, but it was great to see a highly rookie touted goaltender.

Hopefully it arrives soon. Maybe give them a call to see what's going on. I am very interested to see your breaks. With the price of Contenders and the number and types of hits, I would rank it very high in the "bang for your buck" category for 2011-12.

I got mine in yesterday and put a thread up of the hits.