Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I'd hazard a guess that the seller is somehow connected to Upper Deck.

Upper Deck
    Address: 2251 Rutherford Road
    Carlsbad, CA 92008

Carlsbad is basically a satellite suburb of San Diego, where the card was listed from.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd venture to guess McWilliam's is selling the cards himself, I heard rumors from a close friend who worked in the carlsbad office for awhile that said a highly believed rumor was that mcwilliams was holding back copies of unnumbered SSP and selling them after their apparent values and rarity have been established and holding back a ton of prime cup seems logical based on what i've heard regarding other projects. Upper Deck from what i heard has been financially crippled by the yu-gi-oh missteps and since has had issues paying all the player associations their currently involved with as well as the major delay behind most of their products i heard wasn't due to signing issues but due to an inability to pay the companies producing the cards in a timely fashion and by selling these cards at the market values are helping to sustain a company that has been badly mishandled, all this could be hearsay though, simply things i've heard thrown around by employees in the carlsbad office regarding McWilliams, UD and their current financial state.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i dont understand the suspicion?
    a person is selling three outstanding cards? he could have got those cards in numerous ways

why is it just because something is nice it always has to be called fake or other conspiracys are made up?
    patches are always "fake" this seller is wrong, and that seller is connected to ud?

maybe he just pulled the cards?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

No offense to the people who believe that this is all good and honest but it is completely fishy! $9,000 for the RNH. Go check the extended feedback. Has some pretty nice UD cards that have sold and not much filler. Definitely would believe this because it has happened in the past with cards going out the backdoor.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Has to be fishy who has only 3 Cup cards all of which would be insane case hits but has no other cards from The Cup for sale? To have pulled those at the minimum would be 3 cases so wheres the 3 cases worth of base, rpa's, signature patches etc. Did he keep all the junk (compared to the 3 big hits) and just try to move the big hits? Yeah I doubt it.

This story stinks so bad I can smell it from here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i dont understand the suspicion?
    a person is selling three outstanding cards? he could have got those cards in numerous ways

why is it just because something is nice it always has to be called fake or other conspiracys are made up?
    patches are always "fake" this seller is wrong, and that seller is connected to ud?

maybe he just pulled the cards?

You're right, he could have pulled them. But I think what has piqued interest/concern is that they're the only three Cup cards he has sold, which would be odd since it would take a lot of cases to get those three pulls. If these are legitimate, it's more likely that he bought them for resale although none showed on Ebay until he had them.

Either way, UD is apparently investigating the sales and the source(s) of those cards. Hopefully it's nothing nefarious.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

The Cup, and Upper Deck, have been under huge scrutiny with what places are pulling what lately. There was a war on Facebook over cases at certain online breakers being better than the rest. It's always going to be brought up, but UD themselves need to clarify these publicly.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

Sadly it's all speculation and hearsay. Has anybody tried contacting the seller about his monumentally good luck and seeing what other hits he got?

I asked about 6 hours ago, I have not received a reply from the seller.
    It is clear that they are not pulled from the pack, at least hockey card pack.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country

im not saying it cant be suspicious but, if he broke a ton of cases, he has lots of money, maybe hes just really busy and doesnt have time to list, package, ship, all the cards.
    or he could own a shop and only sells the huge cards online
    all im saying is with no information, nobody asking the seller etc. i think its unfair to label the cards as an "inside job" when we know nothing

basically, im just providing the opposite and one of many possibilities for this
    im very interested to find the answer though

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegreateight8's Items on eBay

he also sold a babe ruth bat auto card for 15k. i wouldnt be surprised if the rumors here are true

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast