Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Stars land Radulov with five year, $31.25 million deal

Although Alexander Radulov took 48 hours into NHL free agency to find a home, it was very much worth the wait.

Radulov on Monday became the richest player in a restrained market by signing a $31.25 million, five-year deal with the Dallas Stars. The 30-year-old Russian winger left the Canadiens for a deal that’s worth almost $5 million more than Kevin Shattenkirk’s with the New York Rangers and ties Karl Alzner’s with Montreal for the longest signed by an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...33038307b.html

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Go on, take the money and run.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dallas is the big winner in the free agency so far. Offense is stacked with Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Spezza, etc. Goaltending and Defense are upgraded... with new coach.

Dallas will be a HOT team next year.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Dallas Stars are making some great moves for next year!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Go on, take the money and run.

Thing is Montreal offered him the same amount of money according to the article. Just a little to late!

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah but the tax structure is much different between Texas and Quebec. He'll basically be taking home an extra $700K per year on the same offer...and Dallas gave him one year more than the Habs were willing to go.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Yeah but the tax structure is much different between Texas and Quebec. He'll basically be taking home an extra $700K per year on the same offer...and Dallas gave him one year more than the Habs were willing to go.

Yup. Sales tax in PEI visit last yr, I think 14.2, I thought maine was high 7.2.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah, but I do not think Radulov cared about the extra dollars or extra year based on this quote.

“I said I already agreed with Dallas,” said Radulov, who scored 18 goals and had 36 assists last season. “I said it wouldn’t be fair, it wouldn’t be right. If you take it you take it, there’s no way back, right?”

So if Montreal would have come sooner he would still be there.

Don

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

As someone who followed the Radulov situation VERY closely (and @Pheebs888 will for sure back me up on this) he wanted term as his first priority. His initial ask was 7 years. He was negotiating with Bergevin for considerable time up to and including July 1st. His comment quoted above was simply a way to save face with the fans. He put out the nice tweet after thanking us and he'll never forget us, but he used one good year in Montreal to vault himself to the #2 most desirable guy on the free agent market this year, and parlayed it into the big money deal.

And that's fine. That's his prerogative. But I can pull up quotes saying how much he loved it in Montreal and that he really wanted to be back. If he wanted to stay, he would have worked it out with the Habs before July 1st.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Richard nailed it on the head... Radulov also said later that he was fuzzy on the timeline of offers since his agent handled the whole thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast