Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

BT and Bass' 2009 Mock NHL Entry Draft: Picks One through Seven

BY: Bryan Thiel

Each and every year for each and every sport, everyone puts up a mock draft at entry draft time. It's the internet equivalent of buying a Tamogachi or tucking your pants into your socks—people just do them to fit in.

Sidenote: I'm breaking my record for fastest sidenote ever I'm pretty sure. The 'cuff of pants in the sock' thing has to be the weirdest fashion trend since wearing your clothes backwards/inside out in the early 90's. Maybe this doesn't happen other places. Maybe Canada is just weird.

But seriously, while we're concerned with reading comprehension, spelling, and keeping the minds of today's youth active, let's remind them how to dress themselves too ok?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...raft-picks-1-7

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

this is pretty much how the majority of people see it. personally I would be mad with this draft. I want either Duchene or Kane on the kings

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Hmm wonder if the Leafs will have a brother pairing soon? Could be exciting! I'd be happy with any of that talant out there to be honest.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There is zero chance of getting Duchene with the 5th pick. I wouldn't be shocked if the Thrashers went with Svensson instead of Kane.... but I would be a little surprised.

It was nice reading someone's mock draft where they don't try and out-smart / over analyse what will happen with the top 3 picks. (JT-VH-MD.... in that order, and the picks arn't going anywhere).

That top 7 was almost identical to what I had called, only I've got Schenn @ number 6, and Cowen @ number 7..... but that's after the Leafs trade a player or later pick to swap picks with Phoenix.

this is pretty much how the majority of people see it. personally I would be mad with this draft. I want either Duchene or Kane on the kings

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Scheidl's Items on eBay

I'm all for the Leafs taking Brayden!!!!! Hope it happens!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya I'm excited! When was the last time the leafs could say that about a draft?! lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Scheidl's Items on eBay

last year!!!!!!! before that Wendel Clark! (1985- year i was born!)

Ya I'm excited! When was the last time the leafs could say that about a draft?! lol.

Last edited by Scheidl; 06-18-2009 at 12:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We need a Wendel reincarnation in T.O.