Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I read a comment yesterday and it is very true

You can buy a gun quicker then you can get meds for mental health disorders

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

After hearing about this on the way home, I thought about how protected I am at work......we have armed guards at the Postal HQ.......Listen put those guys at our schools......I will take my chances....just ridiculous.

I hate to give the stock defense of gun control, but it is a fundamental right via the constitution. That being said, we need to make stricter laws about obtaining guns. I hope none of us are that naive to think that eliminating guns will eliminate them out of the hands criminals. The will get them on the black market regardless.

I guess my biggest issue is the knee-jerk reactions that we as humans have......we did it after 9/11 and in other situations. Some real dialogue is needed not a sweeping reform that placate the masses. As human beings our first reaction is to shout WHY? Sometimes regardless of choice of weapon....evil people will do evil things no matter what preventative measures are in place.

I wish peace for each and every person involved in this senseless tragedy........

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

but again, all that sounds great. But what steps need to be taken? what could actually have been done, on a gun control perspective, that could have helped avoid this?

Like I already said, I don't know the answer (it's as much a societal thing as a matter of gun legislation) all I know is that in countries with stricter gun control these things happen every once in awhile. In the US, it happens constantly. How many mass shootings this year alone?
    I don't know what the exact answer is and don't claim to. I do know that shutting out an entire side of the conversation is unproductive and doing so will just sentence more and more people to death for living under the second amendment.
    I also know whatever those countries with stricter gun laws are doing is working a helluva lot better than your fetish for firearms.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

After hearing about this on the way home, I thought about how protected I am at work......we have armed guards at the Postal HQ.......Listen put those guys at our schools......I will take my chances....just ridiculous.

I hate to give the stock defense of gun control, but it is a fundamental right via the constitution. That being said, we need to make stricter laws about obtaining guns. I hope none of us are that naive to think that eliminating guns will eliminate them out of the hands criminals. The will get them on the black market regardless.

I guess my biggest issue is the knee-jerk reactions that we as humans have......we did it after 9/11 and in other situations. Some real dialogue is needed not a sweeping reform that placate the masses. As human beings our first reaction is to shout WHY? Sometimes regardless of choice of weapon....evil people will do evil things no matter what preventative measures are in place.

I wish peace for each and every person involved in this senseless tragedy........

Sweeping reforms may be needed, though. I don't know why you guys hold so precious a measure from over 200 years ago. The British gave up. You won. It's time to progress.

That isn't to say take away all guns. Even Canada allows you to own a gun. It's just a lot more difficult to obtain one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

first of all, i am not about shutting down any side of the argument. But again, in my opinion, cases like this will not be stopped by stricter gun legislation. The guys mom had purchased these guns legally, not him. Not sure what can be expected outside of the full background check that is already run. Now, they can probably do something about gun show purchases but again, that still wouldn't stop most of the shootings that take place. The majority of school shootings are done by people who took guns from their parents who obtained them legally.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

Don't forget to add the shooting in Vegas last night, and the one in Alabama this morning. Not near as bad as the one in Conn, but it happened too. I don't think any kind of gun control will ever stop criminals from doing these things. there will always be gun out there and no way to tell who will snap at any time. Personally. I'm gonna keep my guns for the protection of my family and self. I know its not possible to have guns legally in school, but if there were then maybe someone could have stopped that guy from killing all those kids. There were police officers at the hospital in Alabama and they were able to take out the shooter before he could really do too much damage. If your sane, get yourself a gun and protect yourself because there wont always be help around to do that for you.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

first of all, i am not about shutting down any side of the argument. But again, in my opinion, cases like this will not be stopped by stricter gun legislation. The guys mom had purchased these guns legally, not him. Not sure what can be expected outside of the full background check that is already run. Now, they can probably do something about gun show purchases but again, that still wouldn't stop most of the shootings that take place. The majority of school shootings are done by people who took guns from their parents who obtained them legally.

OK. No talking about gun control until something that gun control could have stopped happens, guys. Oh, but we're not shutting down that conversation. We're... we're... what is the point of this again?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Don't forget to add the shooting in Vegas last night, and the one in Alabama this morning. Not near as bad as the one in Conn, but it happened too. I don't think any kind of gun control will ever stop criminals from doing these things. there will always be gun out there and no way to tell who will snap at any time. Personally. I'm gonna keep my guns for the protection of my family and self. I know its not possible to have guns legally in school, but if there were then maybe someone could have stopped that guy from killing all those kids. There were police officers at the hospital in Alabama and they were able to take out the shooter before he could really do too much damage. If your sane, get yourself a gun and protect yourself because there wont always be help around to do that for you.

Gun control does not mean taking everyone's guns away. Why do people think this?
    If someone else had a gun, isn't it just as likely more children would be dead? Remember NYC when the cops shot NINE bystanders chasing and shooting one guy who was no longer shooting anyone?
    I don't own a gun. You think I'm insane? Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gun control does not mean taking everyone's guns away. Why do people think this?
    If someone else had a gun, isn't it just as likely more children would be dead? Remember NYC when the cops shot NINE bystanders chasing and shooting one guy who was no longer shooting anyone?
    I don't own a gun. You think I'm insane? Thanks!

How do we know that if the cops weren't there with guns that the shooter wouldn't have killed more people? And I think everyone know what he meant by his comment, he wasn't calling people who don't own guns insane.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

How do we know that if the cops weren't there with guns that the shooter wouldn't have killed more people? And I think everyone know what he meant by his comment, he wasn't calling people who don't own guns insane.

1: We know because he shot his boss and walked away, maybe he was going to shoot someone else, but NIE INNOCENT BYSTANDERS didn't need to be shot to find out.

2: If you're sane, you own a gun. Pretty easy to tell what you are if you don't...

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast