Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I've had to live on minimum wage. It's a great way to get into debt, just don't expect to owe a bank. They won't loan min wage workers a dime. There are places who refuse to pay as low as minimum and they do fine. If a business can't handle a minimum wage increases without laying people off, those people would have lost their jobs when it eventually closes due to mismanagement.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

This is simple. Will raising the minimum wage have any effect on jobs? Of course and it is going to be negative. The end result of this policy has to be more unemployed and greater use of illegal labor.

If the goal is to facilitate the bankruptcy of companies teetering on the edge of profitability, then this proposal, on top of the onerous Obamacare regulations along with the rising costs of energy and other commodities, should do the trick.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This is simple. Will raising the minimum wage have any effect on jobs? Of course and it is going to be negative. The end result of this policy has to be more unemployed and greater use of illegal labor.

If the goal is to facilitate the bankruptcy of companies teetering on the edge of profitability, then this proposal, on top of the onerous Obamacare regulations along with the rising costs of energy and other commodities, should do the trick.

If this is true, then every business will close. I doubt that will happen. Poorly run companies will feel this. Good ones will not.

Everything is about personal responsibility...except business I guess. The government must have built the businesses if it can tear them down so easily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

while I don't see workers getting laid off over this, I do see the average cost of nearly everything going up. And that won't be because businesses are poorly run, it will be because the cost of production, keeping your store open, etc. will go up. therefore, companies will have to increase costs to balance things out.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

while I don't see workers getting laid off over this, I do see the average cost of nearly everything going up. And that won't be because businesses are poorly run, it will be because the cost of production, keeping your store open, etc. will go up. therefore, companies will have to increase costs to balance things out.

I would agree with that, except when it went up here people said the same thing and it never happened.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Out of curiosity, what's min wage there now?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

If this is true, then every business will close.

Why would every business close? I said the ones that are on the edge of profitability would go bankrupt and obviously the companies that rely on minimum wage labor the most will be the most affected.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why would every business close? I said the ones that are on the edge of profitability would go bankrupt and obviously the companies that rely on minimum wage labor the most will be the most affected.

If they can't handle it they wouldn't have worked anyway. The proof will be in all the comparable companies that do just fine. Like I said, minimum wage went up $1.50 and people were saying the exact things you are.

It never happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Hmm politicians will struggle and blame both sides on giving the working class a raise.SHOCKING!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I've had to live on minimum wage. It's a great way to get into debt, just don't expect to owe a bank. They won't loan min wage workers a dime. There are places who refuse to pay as low as minimum and they do fine. If a business can't handle a minimum wage increases without laying people off, those people would have lost their jobs when it eventually closes due to mismanagement.

I seem to agree that $1.50 extra an hour per employee shouldn't cripple a company. By the sounds of it, there are very few min wage workers. I read where 5.2% of workers make min wage... roughly 3.8 million workers. That's not many workers out of the work force. Even if that number goes up based off of people who make between the min wage and the proposed new rate it's still got to be a small percentage.

My brother owns a pizza place. I'm going to ask him how many of his employees would get a raise based off of this proposed hike.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast