Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't forget Jason Donald! :P Honestly, I hope Carrasco can get it back in gear and Jason Knapp is as good as the scouts thought he would be when they chose him over J.A. Happ.

I can't stand Jason Donald...he's on the same level of hatred as Paul Phillips and Matt LaPorta for me. As for Knapp, I haven't heard anything about him since the Tribe traded for him...that's not a good sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One return today....

Brad Johnson - c/o Home - 78 days

Been slumping a bit lately with just a few returns trickling in, so I've been pretty happy to see any come back here lately...going to be sending a few more this week and try to get back on track!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice success man! An autograph of a superbowl winning Quarterback is always a nice autograph to have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't stand Jason Donald...he's on the same level of hatred as Paul Phillips and Matt LaPorta for me. As for Knapp, I haven't heard anything about him since the Tribe traded for him...that's not a good sign.

I'm fine with Donald, but it's nothing special. I'm curious as to why you hate Phillips. LaPorta is no surprise haha. But I did a little research on Jason Knapp. 4 starts at Lake County, 16 innings, 29 k's! I just hope he doesn't blow out his arm because he seems like the power pitcher we've been lacking.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm fine with Donald, but it's nothing special. I'm curious as to why you hate Phillips. LaPorta is no surprise haha. But I did a little research on Jason Knapp. 4 starts at Lake County, 16 innings, 29 k's! I just hope he doesn't blow out his arm because he seems like the power pitcher we've been lacking.

Donald is just an arrogant jerk...that's what I learned while going to Columbus games and got to see him interact with fans in person. Just not a nice guy...

Phillips is a guy I absolutely DESPISE. He's even more worthless than LaPorta. I watched him start only one of the games I went to in Columbus...three passed balls. 0-4 with three strikeouts. Two throws into center field. Yeah, he's worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One very cool return today......

Carl Erskine - c/o Home - 4 days

Not only a tie for my fastest return, but he really went all out...he didn't just sign the index card I sent; he wrote me a nice note about his career highlights and about the '53 World Series! On top of that, he included his own signed, personalized card! An awesome success from a great person...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Donald is just an arrogant jerk...that's what I learned while going to Columbus games and got to see him interact with fans in person. Just not a nice guy...

Phillips is a guy I absolutely DESPISE. He's even more worthless than LaPorta. I watched him start only one of the games I went to in Columbus...three passed balls. 0-4 with three strikeouts. Two throws into center field. Yeah, he's worthless.

That surprises me about Donald. From what I heard, I got the message that he was a genuinely nice guy. You learn something new everyday I guess! As for Phillips, I can't say I'm too surprised with those numbers.It seems like a prerequisite to be a catcher for the Indians is "don't hit, don't field." Sure Marson can throw guys out, but is it really worth keeping his .210 average in the lineup? Oh well. We got Ubaldo! That's all that matters today! :) :)

I'm sorry! I completely forgot to congratulate you on that great return from Erskine! Those types of return are great! You just don't see many players these days going above and beyond like that. The one I can think of is Chris Gimenez. Congrats!
    Last edited by pronk48mvp; 07-31-2011 at 10:29 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That surprises me about Donald. From what I heard, I got the message that he was a genuinely nice guy. You learn something new everyday I guess! As for Phillips, I can't say I'm too surprised with those numbers.It seems like a prerequisite to be a catcher for the Indians is "don't hit, don't field." Sure Marson can throw guys out, but is it really worth keeping his .210 average in the lineup? Oh well. We got Ubaldo! That's all that matters today! :) :)

I'm sorry! I completely forgot to congratulate you on that great return from Erskine! Those types of return are great! You just don't see many players these days going above and beyond like that. The one I can think of is Chris Gimenez. Congrats!

Yeah, the one time Donald signed for anyone in Columbus, he looked angry and almost made the little kid next me to cry. Needless to say, I have my mind made up about him! Even after last night, I'm still wanting Mattie LaPorta out of the line-up as an everyday player...put Santana at first, and have Marson catch. There isn't a big bat difference between Marson and LaPorta, but it's a huge defensive upgrade all around.

I'm really not thrilled about the Ubaldo Jimenez trade...our top two pitching prospects for a guy that has one ten of his last 36 starts? Make Ubaldo and Fukudome will get it going like they did in the past here in Cleveland. The price for Jimenez just seems too high...

Thanks for the congrats, too! I love getting returns from older players like Erskine...guys like him, Virgil Trucks, Bobby Shantz, John Miles and a number of other old ball players are what really make this hobby fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

I did the Clippers game last night...no autos except the "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase....my son did not last long at all and we left after 3 innings....which was well worth it to not make him hate baseball forever.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did the Clippers game last night...no autos except the "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase....my son did not last long at all and we left after 3 innings....which was well worth it to not make him hate baseball forever.

Ahh, that's too bad...at least you got DiBiase! Hope you had a good time with your son, even if he didn't last long.

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast