Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm Back (New Customs): 2015-16 Masks of the Times

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to be back again after a 2014-15 season that did not see any new custom projects by me. This left me with a passion and urge to make a new custom set (well, multiple ones, hehe) for the upcoming season, and finally, here it is.

I've called it 2015-16 Masks of the Times and it features some of the masks I believe have been the best and most memorable throughout the 1990s and 2000s. Some of my personal favourites such as Olaf Kolzig, Dominik Hasek, Roberto Luongo and Tuukka Rask are in it. As for the checklist, I've included it after these photos. I hope you enjoy.

01. Olaf Kolzig
    02. Roberto Luongo
    03. Tuukka Rask
    04. Bob Essensa
    05. Ed Belfour
    06. Ryan Miller
    07. Carey Price
    08. Tomas Vokoun
    09. Dominik Hasek

10. John Vanbiesbrouck
    11. Patrick Lalime
    12. Kari Lehtonen
    13. Curtis Joseph
    14. Corey Hirsch
    15. Antero Niittymäki
    16. Sean Burke
    17. Felix Potvin
    18. Grant Fuhr

The front features a design set in mostly black and grey tones. The mask makes an appearance on the right with a shadow version of the same mask (albeit from a different angle) on the left, with the card logo in the upper left hand corner. The card backs feature interesting information about the specific masks as well as quotes by goalies or mask painters, and website suggestions if you want to learn more about the paint jobs and mask artists.

Thank you very much for reading and I sincerely hope you've enjoyed the show. I always appreciate comments regarding my sets, so please feel free to take a moment to leave a comment.

Best regards,

-Ethan
    Last edited by TheBoxBreaker; 08-09-2015 at 10:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

These look awesome! But no Roy?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Great set as always with your customs, but I agree with the above - should add Patrick Roy & Marty Brodeur as 19 and 20

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the comments. I was definitely looking into adding both Roy and Brodeur, but with close to no quality pictures of their masks from angles that I felt I could use, I decided not to include them. What made the search even trickier was that I now needed not one, but two high-quality pictures of their masks (from different angles) for the cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Before I even scrolled down to have a look I said to myself I sure hope he has Corey Hirsch mask in the set. That was easily my favourite mask back in the day. Nice job!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Before I even scrolled down to have a look I said to myself I sure hope he has Corey Hirsch mask in the set. That was easily my favourite mask back in the day. Nice job!

Thanks, Braden! It's nice to hear that there are more fans of Hirsch's mask out there! As a matter of fact Swedish artist airbrush David Gunnarsson even complimented it in an article on NHL.com not long ago.

I've really gotten into the hit TV series Bates Motel and I love all of Hitchcock's 'Psycho' movies, so Hirsch's mask was a perfect fit I think!

-Ethan

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very nice customs!

Nice work!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice customs!

Nice work!

Thank you, I very much appreciate it.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you, I very much appreciate it.

-Ethan

Amazing collection.
    You have pm.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Those are very well done , goalie masks have always been an interest of mine for all the unique designs over the years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast