Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Weirdist game so far this playoff season, but the win at the end is what counts now,

The goal was called back because it was off side, doesn't matter how slow the reply had to be looked at, its the rule for reply and it was offside.

cant wait for game 2, look out for boninno and guentzel !!!

GO PENS GO!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

And the 12 shots was pretty hilarious too. I'm not making fun of Pittsburgh, but just seeing that little amount of shots in an NHL Stanley Cup Final game was just simply bizarre to me.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And the 12 shots was pretty hilarious too. I'm not making fun of Pittsburgh, but just seeing that little amount of shots in an NHL Stanley Cup Final game was just simply bizarre to me.

In the long run you will win games most of the time if you only allow that many goals. There nothing more frustrating when you do good in the stat department and kick arse and end up losing the game.

DON

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Certainly a night Rinne will want to forget. His team insulates him beautifully for 37 minutes, and when a shot gets through it's one that he should have had. It's not as though Murray was standing on his head at the other end of the rink, but when the other goalie is making some key stops and you face ONE SHOT in the last two periods you want to be equal to the challenge.

Also, the NHL needs to fix this ridiculous offside/replay rule in the off-season. While I agree with @09232003 above that it is the rule and must be enforced whether it's one inch or one metre offside, where I take issue is with the interminable replays. Do it like the NFL--if they can't determine in less than 90 seconds with all those cameras and all the HD equipment, then rule it inconclusive and the call on the ice stands. These replays are an embarrassment to the game, they suck the life out of the viewers (in the stands and at pubs alike), and they make the NHL look really bad.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Nashville Predators Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs

I was so disappointed in the loss last night, especially with the goal reversal (though agreed it was technically offsides) and the low number of shots allowed. Definitely a very strange game. Crosby seems to be at the top of his game, and it's fun to see another young player (Guentzel) make some waves. What a season it's been for a great new crop of players this year!

Hoping the Preds pull out the next one!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

The goal was called back because it was off side, doesn't matter how slow the reply had to be looked at, its the rule for reply and it was offside.

While I agree that the play was off side, the fact is that if you have anybody's team but Crosby's challenging the call, they don't take half as long to review it and the call on the ice stands.

The first period of that game clearly showed the league's bias in favor of crosby.

The Preds had to keep the Pens SHOTLESS for 30+ minutes of hockey to stand a chance.

It's going to be an uphill battle for the preds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do the officials get better views of the blue line on their iPads or whatever device they're using? It just seems that with the technology we have available, there should be cameras set up on both sides of each blueline to make those calls much clearer.

I believe that was the right call last night and I have no problem with challenges, I just think better technology could speed up what should be pretty black/white.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Would love to see the Predators knock the Penguins off! I love seeing giant killers win!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think the league needs to make 2 changes:
    1. Eliminate the ability to challenge onside calls
    2. Re-write the rule that a players skate needs to be touching

Plays like this are devastating to the fans and arbitrary in nature.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Being a Pens fan, I was glad that call was overturned, however it was too close to call and they should have just let it stand. Unless they for some reason have angles that nobody else can see... I agree with someone above who talked about camera being on the blue lines now that technology has improved.

Even though that game was the ugliest I've seen them play, they still got the W. The Preds are going to be a tough out, if not come back to win a couple games and force it to go further.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast