Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 455 of 556 FirstFirst ... 355405445452453454455456457458465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5556

Thread: Philly INK

SCF Rewards
    Country

according to carls, he will sign pucks, flats for 20, hammers for 25, and only authentic jerseys for 35

Will he sign a handy manny hammer or only real hammers

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

according to carls, he will sign pucks, flats for 20, hammers for 25, and only authentic jerseys for 35

Maybe its me being a jerk (or harping on terminology), but with a portion of the proceeds going to Boston thing for this signing, you'd think he'd be happy to sign anything (like most other players).. I questioned this on Carl's Cards facebook page, asking what is "authentic"... Because to me an authentic jersey can't even be purchased at 95% of the retail stores in the United States... Especially from players of the 70's era... I don't consider my blank Flyers jersey that was purchased for 149.99 (or however much they cost) at Modell's for a Christmas present to be "authentic", because its not to exact specs that the players wear (no fight strap,double stitching etc)... Its a nice Authentic REPLICA....But definitely not authentic but not a FAKE either... Its a shame too, considering I've gotten many current and former Flyers since to graciously ink it for me. I find myself wanting to sit this particular signing out...Despite being around that day and liking Schultz. Heck, if he doesn't want to sign CHINA jerseys he should just say so... but as an avid hobbyist, it irks me to no end when that AUTHENTIC term is misused. Thank you for letting me rant ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Apparently Jimmy Rollins has a public event tomorrow: http://www.saintfrancis.org/wp-conte...er_PRINTER.pdf

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cue bjd for his opinion in authentic jerseys :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Ron Jaworski will be appearing at Barb's May 11th from 1-2.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

he was there last year...hopefully she adds more.

Ron Jaworski will be appearing at Barb's May 11th from 1-2.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ed van impe at poppels may 18, $20

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sigh..... ok in the jersey collecting hobby "authentic" is used in two forms...

1. Authentic as in exactly whats worn on ice as the players. Fight strap etc.

2. As in NOT a chinese EFFIN knockoff

I can not stand knockoffs. they pollute the hobby and look like GARBAGE. people who complain about the prices of jerseys to justify them buying knockoffs irk me. NO WHERE in your "constitutional rights" does it say that you have the right to own a jersey and shouldn't pay the MSRP. Dave Schultz is quite the hot cold kinda guy but one thing I agree with him is not signing Knockoffs. I applaud him on that. It PAINS me to walk into places like carls and elsewhere and see knockoffs with beautiful signatures on them and beautifully framed. But thats my opinion and everyones entitled to their own.

@policeradio

Your replica that you bought at Modells is fine and Dave would surely sign it. Carls is using the 2nd definition I listed above of Authentic.

Replicas are ok by me. I have MANY in my large collection. I hate reeboks customized replicas because they're complete crap quality and no where near correct in fonts and everything but thats a rant for a different day.

Any questions? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

today 4-20 from 1-3 at carl's cards in havertown dave the hammer schultz

http://www.carlscards.com/

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sigh..... ok in the jersey collecting hobby "authentic" is used in two forms...

1. Authentic as in exactly whats worn on ice as the players. Fight strap etc.

2. As in NOT a chinese EFFIN knockoff

I can not stand knockoffs. they pollute the hobby and look like GARBAGE. people who complain about the prices of jerseys to justify them buying knockoffs irk me. NO WHERE in your "constitutional rights" does it say that you have the right to own a jersey and shouldn't pay the MSRP. Dave Schultz is quite the hot cold kinda guy but one thing I agree with him is not signing Knockoffs. I applaud him on that. It PAINS me to walk into places like carls and elsewhere and see knockoffs with beautiful signatures on them and beautifully framed. But thats my opinion and everyones entitled to their own.

@policeradio

Your replica that you bought at Modells is fine and Dave would surely sign it. Carls is using the 2nd definition I listed above of Authentic.

Replicas are ok by me. I have MANY in my large collection. I hate reeboks customized replicas because they're complete crap quality and no where near correct in fonts and everything but thats a rant for a different day.

Any questions? lol

Oh I don't disagree with you on 99% of what you said... ALL valid points .... From an observational standpoint the quality and materials used to produce jerseys which can be purchased at retail locations has gone downhill...For starters most of the Authentic Replicas like the one I was referring to owning that are available in players don't even have stitched letters or numbers it all seems to be iron on crap (maybe it is since they've switched to Reebok within the last few years... I can always remember before that the materials seemed heavier and letters and numbers were actually stitched on... (but you already summed that portion up quite nicely)...As for knockoffs, I've seen horrendous ones and I've seen ones that are pretty spot on...(I own both varieties of jerseys).... I don't have a problem with people collecting autos on them until they decide to sell bits and pieces of their collection off and start trying to pass it off as licensed Authentic Jersey to get more money from an uneducated or unsuspecting buyer, thats when it does pollute the market as you so eloquently pointed out.
    Kudos to Dave, I just took exception to the word "authentic".....As too me me it seems to be more an issue with NHLPA/NHL Officially Licensed Merchandise (the league and players being compensated through revenue) vs "Chinese EFFIN knockoffs" (no compensation to players or the league for sales)...

Page 455 of 556 FirstFirst ... 355405445452453454455456457458465505555 ... LastLast