Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had the time of my life at Kasey Kahne signing and Chicagoland Speedway Pole Day!PICS

so heres the whole story, i had the best time ever and it didnt even cost me much. so i wake up at 8 oclock and pack teh car and everything and leave the house to go to orland park jewel for a Kasey kahne signing, hes my favorite driver by a long shot and ive never met him before so i was ecstatic. the signing started at 11 and we got there at around 10. there were cars there of kasey kahne (yes :)) , casey mears, clint bowyer, and kyle busch. took pics of all of them. and got in line. eagerly waiting inline around 12 we got to the front and im nervous as all get out. so i finally make it up to the table for him to sign it and i hand my handmade and painted 9 board (pictured) to the bearded guy next to kasey for him to pass it to him. i ask kasey if he can make it out to paul and right after kasey said "to who?" and the guy (which i now hate) said sorry theres alot of people still ( there were less than 100 left) and were just gonna have him sign it. so kasey was gonna do it but the guy said no, oh well i dont even care i still got it even though it tkes 2 seconds to write to paul but whatever it doesnt take anything away from the moment. then i walked behind the table and snapped a few quick pics with him, tapped him on the shoulder said thank you and off i went happy as a clam. that would have easily made my day, no year. and it wasnt even close to over yet. after the signing we go to qualifying pole day at chicagoland speedway. we get there and i walk around taking pics with the trailors and everything available basically. i finally came across the kasey kahne trailer and bought $170.00 worth of merchandise, decals, shirts, sweaters, cup holder things, licese plates, magnets, cups, lanyard, pin, seat cushion, even sunblock with his number on it haha couldnt resist anything its my one chance a year to stock up! haha they were having a blowout on truex jr stuff cause the move so i capitalized on that and got a whole mess of 1.00 items and 3.00 tshirts, hes my second favorite driver so that made it all the better. then my dad busted out the grill and made us some food which saved us some money and was good. then we went in to watch practice and then we left out into the parking lot again and chilled and walked around and let me tell you what, racing has some of the hottest girl fans ever haha there were some stunners there for sure. it finally came time to watch qualifying which was very fun booing kyle busch and cheering kasey at an obnoxious level. he started 4th and finished 15th which could be better could be worse ill take it. after wualifying trhere was a free goo goo dolls concert in the lot which was nice even though they cant really play. took some more pics and headed home to look at all my stuff and reminise on the greatest day i can remember in a Loooooong time. thanks for reading and have a look at the pics. only thing i can think to make it better would be someone shows me some cheap tickets for the race saturday haha
    PICS:
    http://www.freewebs.com/russianboy4/...lbumid=6498291

Blog Entries
    Country

sweet story bud!! always a good time at the Joliet racetracks. What town are you from?

did you know Truex Jr was signing autos Wed. night at the Bass Pro shop in Bolingbrook??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montess2k4's Items on eBay

Sounds like you had a blast! Awesome! Glad you got a chance to meet him! Not everyone can say they met their favorite driver.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sweet story bud!! always a good time at the Joliet racetracks. What town are you from?

did you know Truex Jr was signing autos Wed. night at the Bass Pro shop in Bolingbrook??

thanks. im from munster, and yea i knew but to my demise i didnt have a vehicle that day either, i wasnted to go to logano signing at home depot but it wasnt possible. did you go?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like you had a blast! Awesome! Glad you got a chance to meet him! Not everyone can say they met their favorite driver.

thanks! so am i. youre the man for leading me to it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Awesome that you got to meet him! Sounds like you had a blast! Makes me wanna get to a track even more now (gotta wait until September though).

Blog Entries
    Country

my brother went to the truex jr signing in bolingbrook, which home depot was logano signing at?

SCF Rewards
    Country

my brother went to the truex jr signing in bolingbrook, which home depot was logano signing at?

oh nice. it was in orland park

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ILbowhunter's Items on eBay

Kinda of a cool storu with the inaugural race at Joliet, my buddy had an idea to wear some team looking shirts, the kind with just the small logo on the shirts and we went to some hotels in the Orland area pretending to be parts of some of the teams, honestly i couldnt beleive it would work but we got into the women something feirce that night. To be a bit younger and single again.

Glad you had fun, Usually Harvick goes to south holland dodge to sign, not sure if he was there this year, hes been there every other year

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

Sounds like a pretty nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast